DEF-Change Weekly
K-Change Weekly, mostly Janikowski
lacd0g
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Welker Real or Fake?

Postby CRob44 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:00 pm

just draft eddleman later and you will be fine , nobody drafts eddleman until very late
CRob44
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:24 pm

tbagz wrote:It's hard to tell honestly but one thing sticks out in my mind is that Brady had almost a year to recover whereas Welker had about 7 months. I'm not sure if the speedy recovery is him just rushing to get back on the field before Edelmen takes his spot or what. If he is 100% physically though the thing that most people have issues with is the mental aspect of it which could be what he is not 100% recovered from. I was low on Welker this year but if truly healthy I would assume he would get better as the season went on. He looked fine in preseason but again that's just preseason and doesn't mean anything. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah im guessing its the mental part or the Patriot way. I dont own him in any leagues but I dont think i would be super worried. I mean what does worrying get you? Nowhere. It does however suck that basically every singe route that Welker runs requires him to make an instant cut or two. Not like Moss who just runs as fast as he can as far as he can. Im hoping hes okay though seems like a good guy.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bostonsoxandy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:52 pm

CRob44 wrote:just draft eddleman later and you will be fine , nobody drafts eddleman until very late

as a Pats fan Edelman is a really trendy pick since he overachieved so greatly at the end of last year when Welker went down...again, as a Pats fan, I believe he isn't worth owning since the Pats have Randy Moss and Wes Welker obviously, but they also still have Brandon Tate who has looked good and Matthew Slater and Taylor Price are also lurking for receptions....not saying he isn't worth owning but the Patriots not only like to spread the ball around, but Edelman could be beat out by Tate when the offic. depth chart is released....
bostonsoxandy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:58 pm

bostonsoxandy wrote:
CRob44 wrote:just draft eddleman later and you will be fine , nobody drafts eddleman until very late

as a Pats fan Edelman is a really trendy pick since he overachieved so greatly at the end of last year when Welker went down...again, as a Pats fan, I believe he isn't worth owning since the Pats have Randy Moss and Wes Welker obviously, but they also still have Brandon Tate who has looked good and Matthew Slater and Taylor Price are also lurking for receptions....not saying he isn't worth owning but the Patriots not only like to spread the ball around, but Edelman could be beat out by Tate when the offic. depth chart is released....

First 'as a Pats fan', does that mean I should believe you more then the next guy in line? Lol, love that quote 'as a blah blah blah fan I ....' great!

Second, how can you possibly think that Taylor Price or Matthew Slater have any shot of receiving time over an experienced (albeit only a few games last year) Edelman is half crazy, imo. Tate has showed flashes, but so has Slater and he still has yet to see any field time worth a crap. Anyways this is about Welker so I'll end my rant with that.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spread eagles » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:55 pm

Welker's speed was what allowed him to get out for the catch and to pick up the YAC (yards after the catch). I know it was preseason, but he didn't look like he was getting that type of separation that he previously got. I guess it depends on where he was drafted. If he is taken as a WR3 then I think he will produce such numbers, but to draft him as a high 2nd or even a 1st WR is a risky proposition.
spread eagles
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 25)

Postby lacd0g » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:44 pm

He's on waivers, I have him on my watch list. I also got Santanio Holmes when he comes back who I think will light it up. Then I'll have to make a decision who to sit Driver or Welker.
*LEAGUE CHAMP 2009/2010 SEASON*
ROSTER 2011 SEASON
QB-Big Ben, Tebow
RB-AP, S. Jax, Sproles, Jacobs
WR-L. Fitz, Boldin, N. Washington, Cruz, D. Nelson
TE-Fred Davis, Greg Olson
DEF-Change Weekly
K-Change Weekly, mostly Janikowski
lacd0g
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SameSongNDance » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:28 am

Lewis impressed with Welker: Even though Patriots WR Wes Welker said recently that he doesn't feel the same in his comeback from his injured knee, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has been impressed with how Welker has looked so far. The Bengals play at the Patriots in Week 1. "I’ve really been impressed with Wes," Lewis said. "He has worked extremely hard with his rehab. And he’s come back and shown quickness and the ability to move away from coverages and so forth. But he’s so special. ... It just shows what kind of pro he is. You’re happy to see a guy come back like that." Welker also said even though he doesn't feel like himself, he's still ready to go. "I wouldn't be out there if there was anything in the back of my head, anything I was uncomfortable with," Welker said. The last time Welker faced Cincinnati was in 2007, and he had three catches for 22 yards and one carry for 11 yards in that game. The Bengals allowed nine touchdowns to opposing wide receivers in 2009.

- cbssportsline.com
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby dgannon63 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:32 am

lacd0g wrote:Does anyone buy that Welker is not feeling great after surgery or is he pulling a Tom Brady. Last year Brady acted like his surgery was threatening for the season, goes out and had a good season in 09. Is Welker telling the truth or just following the Patriot way?

The injury to Welker was not exactly the same that is the first thing you have to take into account. Then if you recall Brady had complications with swelling in the forefront that prevented the surgery then infection after. Welker went right into surgery and had zero complications. Also take into account Welkers knees are much stronger then Brady's. And no one will ever question Welkers work ethic, so I think it's all legit. ANd the Patriot Way is to divulge no more then the NFL requires and that is not specific to the Pats. But look at the current injury reports there are no indications Welker will not play.
dgannon63
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby JavaDude » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:08 pm

Welker is da man. He'll have 200 yards and 2 TD's against Cincy.
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk