rate my draft and propose trade bait - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

rate my draft and propose trade bait

Moderator: Football Moderators

rate my draft and propose trade bait

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:29 pm

I'm in a 12 team league starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 1 K, 1 D

I had 2nd pick

1. Ahman Green
2. David Boston
3. Eric Moulds
4. Michael bennet
5. Trent Green ( QB's went early) :-t :-t
6. Jerry Rice
7. Jeff Wilkins
8. Chad Lewis
9. Emmit Smith
10. Derrick Alexander
11. Griese
12. donte Stallworth
13. T.J. Duckett
14. Bengals Def
15. ernie Conwell
16. Donald Hayes
17. Seahawks def
18. Jay Feely

Also, thoughts on dropping Stallworth or Hayes and picking up Tim Dwight. I would like to drop 2nd kicker or 2nd defense but league makes us keep 2 on roster.

Who would you start at QB? Griese or Green both throw a ton of interceptions :-t

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby geez78 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:03 pm

i agree with thumbs down to trent green that early.

very solid recievers up to the 4th slot.

have potential to have 4 solid backs if Dunn gets banged up and Duckett gets the ball. he will produce when he gets the ball.

I would start Griese and Emmit in week 1. Emmitt might break the record in one game against Houston
geez78
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:47 pm

I have to disagree and say that your first 5 picks are really solid picks.In the first 5 rounds you came out with 2 quality RB's,a #1 receiver,a #2 receiver,and a solid QB with upside!Not bad at all if you ask me!After that you got a solid #3 receiver in Rice,a reliable kicker(but WAY WAY too early,could be a costly mistake),a reliable TE (but again,WAY WAY too early,here you could have had possibly a #3 RB,a #4 WR,or a #2 QB).Then you got a decent,not great,#3 back,a quality #4 receiver,a solid solid #2 QB,a rookie WR with huge upside,a rookie RB with humungous upside,a very solid defense,then you got ernie conwell (certainly would have been wiser to pick Troy Hambrick to backup Emmitt Smith,as i'm sure he was still around).Overall I would say a decent job drafting.You made a few mistakes that i'm just trying to point out so you don't make the mistake again,just trying to help you!But Jeff Wilkins and Chad Lewis were both drafted way too early and Ernie Conwell should not have been drafted,rather Troy Hambrick should have been drafted to backup Emmitt.
n_tremain23

Postby TPS » Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:48 am

Go with Griese. STL - Denver I think will be a high scoring game.

On your Draft - With a run on the QB's I would of gambled and waited to later rounds. By getting Griese in the 11th I think that is your best steal. I would not draft a kicker until the 10th+ rounds. This is the area where all the players are grouped fairly tight. Best kicker to the 20th kicket there just isn't that big of point spread.

On paper I think you are a .500 team but you never know until the games are played.
TPS
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby thechill » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:25 pm

your team is fairly solid. I would like to see a little more depth at RB if possible. Maybe a trade with one of your QB's. They have the same bye week which would hurt. I would pick one to go with after the first couple of weeks and then trade the other for a RB.
thechill
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk