survival pool leagues.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

survival pool leagues..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: survival pool leagues..

Postby aardvarks » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:22 am

JoshKnows46 wrote:
bdrotoronto wrote:
Stelly wrote:Still hangin in there....my best bets appear to be Oak (vs Den) or Dallas (vs Wash).

Right now I'm leaning Oakland. Yuck. Thoughts? Any other not-so-obvious choices I might be missing?

Am still in as well.. am in double-elimination pool, one of 20 left from original 212. Pool requires two picks this week--I am leaning to taking both Oak and Dal right now. That said, I've been on vacation the last week and am just trying to catch up on news from last week's games, so lots I don't know, other than that Den apparently sucks. Would teams like Mia or Chi make for better plays? (I don't have NE available).

Teams I have left:

Buf
Car
Chi
Cin
Dal
Den
Det
Hou
Jax
Mia
Min
Oak
Sea
StL
Ten
Wsh

Thanks!

dallas is the team you want, rex grossman starting at qb for washington, behind a terrible o-line, grossman has less mobilaty than mcnabb, look for alot of sacks, 3 and outs, and interceptions from grossman. expect another easy one here.

Oakland would be your second choice, Off a terrible loss in Jax, where they were outscored 31-14 in the 2ndh and allowed 234 on the ground. Denver has revenge but they can't stop the run at all, and Oakland has a decent pass D. Denver would have to commit to running the ball (which they have been spotty doing). In the end I don't trust the Broncos to get a road win here....plus tim tebow getting his first start, i like oakland.

I'm still unbeaten as well

On Wednesday I picked TB to beat Detroit, but I changed that on Friday with news of the McNabb benching. But now I'm thinking I might go back, Detroit never wins on the road and Washington/Dallas is still a division game, and the Dallas D stinks.
aardvarks
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:03 pm

JoshKnows46 wrote:
Stelly wrote:
JoshKnows46 wrote:
what other teams you have left to play?

SF
Cinci
Cleve
Dallas
Tenn
Hous
Jax
St Louis
Buffalo
Detroit
Car
Ariz
Sea
Oak
Denver
NE
Minn
Chicago

If Rogers is out, NE might be a good pick.

wow mayn, play ne, thats a no freakin brainer, no game is more lopsided this week...rodgers is a huge part of that offense, becuase rodgers legs by the time in the pocket to make that offense work, and he also get 1st downs with his legs, stays away from sacks, gb has one of the worst o-lines in the league, i seriously doubt gb score more than 10 points at the most, and there is also spose to be bad weather, which should equal a few turnovers for ne, as they didn't already have anuff in there favor. matt flynn will stay on his ass all game, that gb line doesn't even give rodgers a second to pass, flynn doesn't have the legs to by time, he'll be a sitting duck. if you play ne, you'll be going to the next round.

And this, gentlemen, is why Josh was recently awarded an expert icon. ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Stelly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:03 pm

joejlitz wrote:
JoshKnows46 wrote:
Stelly wrote:
SF
Cinci
Cleve
Dallas
Tenn
Hous
Jax
St Louis
Buffalo
Detroit
Car
Ariz
Sea
Oak
Denver
NE
Minn
Chicago

If Rogers is out, NE might be a good pick.

wow mayn, play ne, thats a no freakin brainer, no game is more lopsided this week...rodgers is a huge part of that offense, becuase rodgers legs by the time in the pocket to make that offense work, and he also get 1st downs with his legs, stays away from sacks, gb has one of the worst o-lines in the league, i seriously doubt gb score more than 10 points at the most, and there is also spose to be bad weather, which should equal a few turnovers for ne, as they didn't already have anuff in there favor. matt flynn will stay on his ass all game, that gb line doesn't even give rodgers a second to pass, flynn doesn't have the legs to by time, he'll be a sitting duck. if you play ne, you'll be going to the next round.

Agreed!!

Once I heard Rodgers was out, I changed my pick from Oak to NE. Later I came here, and his analysis just supported me choice. Although....the game was MUCH closer than expected!

Now I'm off to figure out Week 16's pick...
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby JoshKnows46 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Stelly wrote:
joejlitz wrote:
JoshKnows46 wrote:

Agreed!!

Once I heard Rodgers was out, I changed my pick from Oak to NE. Later I came here, and his analysis just supported me choice. Although....the game was MUCH closer than expected!

yeah, belichek got out coached for probable the first time ever....i don't understand why he didn't keep pressure on the kid, everytime they blitzed it worked. glad they pullled it out for ya, how many people the have left in your league?
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby Stelly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:03 pm

JoshKnows46 wrote:
Stelly wrote:
joejlitz wrote:And this, gentlemen, is why Josh was recently awarded an expert icon. ;-D

Agreed!!

yeah, belichek got out coached for probable the first time ever....i don't understand why he didn't keep pressure on the kid, everytime they blitzed it worked. glad they pullled it out for ya, how many people the have left in your league?

13 out of 73 remain. It's a double elimination, so you have to miss twice to be eliminated. 3 have no strikes, 10 (including me) have one strike.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:12 pm

Stelly wrote:
JoshKnows46 wrote:
Stelly wrote:
Agreed!!

13 out of 73 remain. It's a double elimination, so you have to miss twice to be eliminated. 3 have no strikes, 10 (including me) have one strike.

Sounds like the Cafe League. You didn't play with us, Josh?
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JoshKnows46 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:15 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Stelly wrote:
JoshKnows46 wrote:

no, i didn't know ya'll had a league, i'd love to play next year.
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby joejlitz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:17 am

JoshKnows46 wrote:
joejlitz wrote:
Stelly wrote:

no, i didn't know ya'll had a league, i'd love to play next year.

We've got 5 games, and they are all fun. Go to the main board index and scroll down post Football Talk, Special Teams, and Classified. You can still get a Weekly icon in Pick 3, Fantasyjack, and Lucky Ladders.

Here is the link to Survival of the Fittest:
viewforum.php?f=375
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bdrotoronto » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:41 am

Thanks for the help last week--DAL and OAK both came through ;-D , down to 12 of 212 left in the double-elimination, all 12 have one strike now.

Please help again! I'm in a big bind going into week 16--don't really like any of the picks available to me, and 7 of the other remaining players have either Pit or Phi available.

Here are my available teams:

Buf (NE)
Car (@Pit)
Chi (NYJ)
Cin (SD)
Den (Hou)
Det (@Mia)
Hou (@Den)
Jax (Wsh)
Mia (Det)
Min (@Phi)
Sea (@TB)
StL (SF)
Ten (@KC)
Wsh (@Jax)

(there were 3 weeks we had to make 2 picks)

The best available pick on paper is Jax, but the more I think about that game I get nervous, Grossman looked solid in 2nd half last week and Jax pass defence not much better than Dal's. Only others I'm seriously considering are Hou, Chi, Mia, and StL, but I don't really have a great feel for how any of those games will go.

Thoughts??.. thanks in advance.
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Stelly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:34 am

joejlitz wrote:
Stelly wrote:
JoshKnows46 wrote:

Yes, it's the Cafe League.

Shhhh!!! Don't tell Josh!! Now he'll join next year, and not only win, but he won't share as much knowledge with us!! :-b
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter