survival pool leagues.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

survival pool leagues..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: survival pool leagues..

Postby Stelly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:59 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:Thanks for the help last week--DAL and OAK both came through ;-D , down to 12 of 212 left in the double-elimination, all 12 have one strike now.

Please help again! I'm in a big bind going into week 16--don't really like any of the picks available to me, and 7 of the other remaining players have either Pit or Phi available.

Here are my available teams:

Buf (NE)
Car (@Pit)
Chi (NYJ)
Cin (SD)
Den (Hou)
Det (@Mia)
Hou (@Den)
Jax (Wsh)
Mia (Det)
Min (@Phi)
Sea (@TB)
StL (SF)
Ten (@KC)
Wsh (@Jax)

(there were 3 weeks we had to make 2 picks)

The best available pick on paper is Jax, but the more I think about that game I get nervous, Grossman looked solid in 2nd half last week and Jax pass defence not much better than Dal's. Only others I'm seriously considering are Hou, Chi, Mia, and StL, but I don't really have a great feel for how any of those games will go.

Thoughts??.. thanks in advance.

With what you have left and the matchups, you almost have to play Jax.

I'm in the smiliar pickle...it looks like Jax (vs Wash) or Dallas (@ Ariz) are my two best options. Here's what I have left:

Ariz
Buff
Car
Chicago
Cinci
Cleve
Dallas
Denver
Detroit
Hous
Jax
Minn
Oak
San Fran
Sea
St Louis
Tenn
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JoshKnows46 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:18 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:Thanks for the help last week--DAL and OAK both came through ;-D , down to 12 of 212 left in the double-elimination, all 12 have one strike now.

Please help again! I'm in a big bind going into week 16--don't really like any of the picks available to me, and 7 of the other remaining players have either Pit or Phi available.

Buf (NE)
Car (@Pit)
Chi (NYJ)
Cin (SD)
Den (Hou)
Det (@Mia)
Hou (@Den)
Jax (Wsh)
Mia (Det)
Min (@Phi)
Sea (@TB)
StL (SF)
Ten (@KC)
Wsh (@Jax)

The best available pick on paper is Jax, but the more I think about that game I get nervous, Grossman looked solid in 2nd half last week and Jax pass defence not much better than Dal's. Only others I'm seriously considering are Hou, Chi, Mia, and StL, but I don't really have a great feel for how any of those games will go.

i think your 3 best options are miami, st. louis, and jax at first glance. i'll give it a much closer look, when you gotta get your pick in by?

Lions are on their 2nd leg of back to back road games, and it took them 26 or 27 road games before they had their first road win last week...so its pretty hard to believe they get two in a row, though miami has been horrible at home.
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby JoshKnows46 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Stelly wrote:

Buf (NE)
Car (@Pit)
Chi (NYJ)
Cin (SD)
Den (Hou)
Det (@Mia)
Hou (@Den)
Jax (Wsh)
Mia (Det)
Min (@Phi)
Sea (@TB)
StL (SF)
Ten (@KC)
Wsh (@Jax)

With what you have left and the matchups, you almost have to play Jax.

I'm in the smiliar pickle...it looks like Jax (vs Wash) or Dallas (@ Ariz) are my two best options. Here's what I have left:

Ariz
Buff
Car
Chicago
Cinci
Cleve
Dallas
Denver
Detroit
Hous
Jax
Minn
Oak
San Fran
Sea
St Louis
Tenn

yea, looks like your best options are jags, dallas, and st. louis.

my guts just screaming that jags could be a close game, so at first glance, i'm leaning more to dallas and st.louis, but i haven't done any capping yet, so i'll give these 3 a closer look.
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby bdrotoronto » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:25 am

JoshKnows46 wrote:

Buf (NE)
Car (@Pit)
Chi (NYJ)
Cin (SD)
Den (Hou)
Det (@Mia)
Hou (@Den)
Jax (Wsh)
Mia (Det)
Min (@Phi)
Sea (@TB)
StL (SF)
Ten (@KC)
Wsh (@Jax)

i think your 3 best options are miami, st. louis, and jax at first glance. i'll give it a much closer look, when you gotta get your pick in by?

Lions are on their 2nd leg of back to back road games, and it took them 26 or 27 road games before they had their first road win last week...so its pretty hard to believe they get two in a row, though miami has been horrible at home.

pick has to be in by sunday morning, so there is still time to figure this all out. jax is by far the highest point spread available, but i have the same gut feeling you have that it could be a close game; don't know why.

st. louis interests me; my main concern there is sf coming off 10-day layoff and also they've beaten stl some silly number of times in a row head-to-head. (also, would stl maybe be a viable play next week at sea?) mia i just don't know if i could bring myself to play--they're 1-6 at home (that's what turned me off picking them last week) and their offence brutal lately, now that they're eliminated from playoffs i wonder if they pack it in this week while det clearly still playing hard.

but will definitely give serious thought to whatever you recommend.. ;-D
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Stelly » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:40 pm

My pick needs to be in by Sunday morning.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Dallas. Jax gives me the heebie-geebies this week for some reason, and St Louis isn't exactly a comforting pick either.

I look forward to your insight Josh, though right now with a gun to my head, Dallas would be my pick.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)