survival pool leagues.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

survival pool leagues..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: survival pool leagues..

Postby Big Game JLo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:45 am

I'm going with the Washington Redskins this week. If you look at their schedule for the year, I can't really make a pick with them other than this week. Plus, McNabb has been playing very well as of late. Use him before he gets hurt!

My other option would be to go with Baltimore. But in comparison to the Redskins, the Ravens have a number of favorable match ups in their future, such as at home in week 7 versus Buffalo, which is what I'm saving them for.

--------------------------------------------------------------

10 Team Head-to-Head League:
QB: Philip Rivers
WR: Miles Austin, Roddy White, Wes Welker, Terrell Owens, Dez Bryant
RB: Chris Johnson, Arian Foster, Ronnie Brown, CJ Spiller, Ricky Williams
TE: Visanthe Shiancoe
K: Neil Rackers
Def: Philadelphia Eagles
Big Game JLo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:48 am

Jimboozie wrote:Patriots at home (8-0 last year, 1-0 this year at home) vs the awful Bills. I'm saving the Ravens for later, they have a few good matchups later in the year, while New England doesn't have any easy home games after this one.

Plus, I think the Browns are more likely to pull a miracle upset than the Bills are. Have you guys seen Flacco's stats?

this
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Game JLo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:23 pm

I must disagree with that logic. Unless you are dead set on using only home teams, I would not use New England this early. I try to use the home team when I can, but I certainly don't mind using New England in week 9 at Cleveland or in week 16 at Buffalo.

Big Game JLo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joejlitz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:13 am

joejlitz wrote:C'mon, birds! Iggles over Lions today! ;-D

I'm going against DET again by picking MIN. Until Stafford comes back, I see an opportunity here. DET scored 30+ points last week, but won't against MIN's stifling defense in MIN. MIN gets its first win this week.

Kind of sucks, cause I thought DET could win 6 or 7 this year. If they go 0-3, that puts them in a hole.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:13 am

joejlitz wrote:
joejlitz wrote:C'mon, birds! Iggles over Lions today! ;-D

I'm going against DET again by picking MIN. Until Stafford comes back, I see an opportunity here. DET scored 30+ points last week, but won't against MIN's stifling defense in MIN. MIN gets its first win this week.

Kind of sucks, cause I thought DET could win 6 or 7 this year. If they go 0-3, that puts them in a hole.

normally i would but after having Chicago and Philly the last 2 weeks i'm not sure my heart can take it
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JoshKnows46 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:42 am

Big Game JLo wrote:I'm going with the Washington Redskins this week. If you look at their schedule for the year, I can't really make a pick with them other than this week. Plus, McNabb has been playing very well as of late. Use him before he gets hurt!

My other option would be to go with Baltimore. But in comparison to the Redskins, the Ravens have a number of favorable match ups in their future, such as at home in week 7 versus Buffalo, which is what I'm saving them for.

sorry, i hope you didn't make that play yet, st. louis wins that game Straight up this week. i guarentte it.

Baltimore is the best play on the board, they hang 38-45 points on cleveland. best not to get too cute this early, and st. louis is in the perfect spot to beat washington.

I've played tenny, and atlanta so far, i'm taking baltimore this week.

out of baltimore, ne, and minny, the big three.......... minny has the best chance of losing, then ne, then baltimore in that order.....i would save minny till later in the year, when your sure they have there s*** together or atleast till after their bye week....

I gamble thousands of dollars on games every week, i know my stuff when it comes to point spreads and betting on the nfl, it's my most profitable sport, and Rams cover the spread and win straight up this week.
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby Big Game JLo » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:04 am

JoshKnows46 wrote:sorry, i hope you didn't make that play yet, st. louis wins that game Straight up this week. i guarentte it.

Respectfully, you don't give a reason why the Rams will win other than you bet a lot. I'd like to know why you believe they're in the perfect position to make that upset against the Redskins.

Big Game JLo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JoshKnows46 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:21 am

Big Game JLo wrote:
JoshKnows46 wrote:sorry, i hope you didn't make that play yet, st. louis wins that game Straight up this week. i guarentte it.

Respectfully, you don't give a reason why the Rams will win other than you bet a lot. I'd like to know why you believe they're in the perfect position to make that upset against the Redskins.

sorry i didn't see this yesterday, but washington was just coming off a very tuff game were they blew a late lead to the texans...coming off a lost like that, on the first leg of back 2 back road games, with a look ahead game against a divisional opponette coming up next week, a more important game than this st. louis game...st. louis at home, everything combinded, it was the perfect spot for st. louis to pick up a win. not too mention i believe sam bradford is the best qb coming out of college...also the line came out at washington -4.5, and it went the wrong way to only washington favored by -3.5, even though over 70% of the action(money) was coming in on washington, what this means is sharp money( big money Bettors), were on st. louis, people like myself that know what they talking about were on st. louis, you know that by the line movement......also washington had just got carved up by the texans and dallas's passing game, their defense is really bad, one of the bottom 5 defenses in the league.....i hope that maybe me saying sumting got you off playing wash, again i'm very sorry i didn't think to give my reasons beforehand.
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby joejlitz » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:52 pm

JoshKnows46 wrote:
Big Game JLo wrote:

sorry i didn't see this yesterday, but washington was just coming off a very tuff game were they blew a late lead to the texans...coming off a lost like that, on the first leg of back 2 back road games, with a look ahead game against a divisional opponette coming up next week, a more important game than this st. louis game...st. louis at home, everything combinded, it was the perfect spot for st. louis to pick up a win. not too mention i believe sam bradford is the best qb coming out of college...also the line came out at washington -4.5, and it went the wrong way to only washington favored by -3.5, even though over 70% of the action(money) was coming in on washington, what this means is sharp money( big money Bettors), were on st. louis, people like myself that know what they talking about were on st. louis, you know that by the line movement......also washington had just got carved up by the texans and dallas's passing game, their defense is really bad, one of the bottom 5 defenses in the league.....i hope that maybe me saying sumting got you off playing wash, again i'm very sorry i didn't think to give my reasons beforehand.

As a betting man, make sure you check out my weekly column, here at the cafe:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/2010 ... _picks.php
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby brownsfantasygirl » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:35 pm

JoshKnows46 wrote:
Big Game JLo wrote:

I'm in a pool that we have to pick 4 winners each week. I was wavering on the Redskins game and took St. Louis solely on your comment. I figured it couldn't hurt. Thanks!!!
brownsfantasygirl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk