Litz's Week 1 Winners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Litz's Week 1 Winners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Litz's Week 1 Winners

Postby joejlitz » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:30 am

Best bet: BAL +2.5 at NYJ: I love BAL this year and they are my Super Bowl pick from the AFC. Here, they are getting 2.5 from a team that hasn't exactly been the most focused: Hard Knocks, Revis, new stadium, etc. Plus, the ravens are 6-1 straight up and ATS in the last 7 against the NYJ.

MIN +4.5 at NO. MIN is 6-1 against the spread (ATS) in their past 7 games versus the Saints.

OVER 48: MIN at NO. The OVER is 8-1-1 in the last 10 meetings between these two teams. 48 seems low when Drew Brees and Brett Favre is involved.

BUF +3 vs. MIA. Miami has covered only once in its last 6 trips to Buffalo; the Bills are 11-5-1 ATS in its last 17 homes games against the Dolphins. Those are good odds. I'll take the 3 points and hope Spiller runs wild.

OVER 46.5: IND at HOU. The OVER is 9-1 the last 10 times these two teams have played each other.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Litz's Week 1 Winners

Postby joejlitz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Well, I finished the week 2-3. I'll take it since it is only week 1 and things are especially unpredictable. My best bet of the Ravens came though tonight with a 10-9 win and smothered the Jets offense.

Unbelievably enough, the difference between 2-3 and 3-1-1 is a blocked extra point in the MIN game and an intentional safety given up by BUF against MIA.

But those are the breaks. :^
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk