Yes, we can do better. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yes, we can do better.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yes, we can do better.

Postby RBManiac » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:11 am

Everyone has that one guy on the bench they want to get rid of, but cant because there is no real options on WW. We can do better

for PPR leagues...

Greg Camarillo

He might not be a popular name, but the guy can sure catch, and hold onto the ball. He was a great possesion reciever in miami untill marshall took over and forced him rotating downs in 3 reciever sets. I never forget camarillo, but i took a look at him in 2008 when my recievers where on bye weeks, and the guy put up some solid numbers for me. Favre seems to trust the guy already too as all 4 of farves attempts when directly to Greg Cam for a 100% catch rate.

Hes going to put up solid WR3 numbers some weeks with vikings, dont be surprised, he is a great bye week fill in PPR.

see now, we can alwasys do better... yes we can

Yes We CAN

RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yes, we can do better.

Postby spodog » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Yep, I agree with this. I'm actually staring at him on our waiver wire right now, thinking about dusting Louis Murphy off the end of my bench to go claim him.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RBManiac » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:23 pm

thinking about dusting Louis Murphy off the end of my bench to go claim him.

I wouldnt go as far as dumping louis murphy. Murphy is the no 1 guy, he will get lots of looks, and will surely outproduce Camarillo on any given day. The match up is sweet this week for Murphy too
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby woodson_28 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:17 pm

You need to make sure you're not just falling into the proverbial "the grass is greener on the other side of the fence".

You may not like your bench player, and you may think he is "destroying" your team, but be careful. Just because Camarillo is flashy, or new, doesn't necessary mean he can perform. It's important to look at the players background and experience before you just grab him. If you're not cautious, you'll end up with a player that can't back up his words. He may try to help you, but end up digging you into a bigger hole. Finally, you'll realize that his "ownership" is falling like a rock, and quickly below 42% (even among Camarillo supporters) , but it's all too late and you're still stuck with him.

Just be cautious when picking another option. Don't be like the average American and just grab the charismatic player. Actually do some research and thinking.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ek » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Agree with the previous post, but I also like Camarillo and picked him up in two leagues. That said, if he does nothing tomorrow night, I'm probably putting him right back on the waiver wire.
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RBManiac » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Just because Camarillo is flashy, or new, doesn't necessary mean he can perform. It's important to look at the players background and experience before you just grab him.

He can perform, and yes you look into his background...like i mentioned already. He is a solid possesion reciever, Hes better on the bench than Kenny Brit, devin thomas, deon branch, Bradon Lafell...guys like that who are probly on rosters in most 12+ team PPR leagues. In cases like this, you would probly want Camarillo for a bye week fill in stash
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RBManiac » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:49 pm

another good reason to be happy with murphy on your bench...

Louis Murphy-WR- Raiders Sep. 8 - 2:05 pm et

Jerry McDonald of the Oakland Tribune predicts that Louis Murphy will lead the Raiders in receiving yards and touchdowns this season.

McDonald foresees Zach Miller leading the club in receptions. Murphy finally has sole possession of the flanker job in Oakland, and should retain it even when (or if) Chaz Schilens (knee, ankle) returns. The ideal late-round sleeper -- especially in non-PPR leagues -- Murphy is quietly a threat for 900-1,000 receiving yards. He's light years out in front of Darrius Heyward-Bey.
Source: Oakland Tribune
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Don't wanna burst bubbles, or blow my head up, but I had Cams pegged like 2 weeks ago...

viewtopic.php?t=470185

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 204BC » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:16 pm

I grabbed Camarillo with the very last pick in a 20 team draft. I'm even going out on a limb and starting him this week but only because the guy I had slated for my WR/RB slot (Micheal Bush) likely won't play this week and my other bench WR is Nate Washington which I don't feel is much of an upgrade anyway. Besides, Washington will likely draw Nnamdi Asomugha and I don't like that matchup.
204BC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RBManiac » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:05 pm

bush will play 204BC...im like 95% because of recent good news on him

Don't wanna burst bubbles, or blow my head up, but I had Cams pegged like 2 weeks ago

want a medal?

Cam was targeted the minute the trade news hit, im just reassuring the people that he is a decent fill in
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk