Cj Spiller thoughts? (PPR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cj Spiller thoughts? (PPR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cj Spiller thoughts? (PPR)

Postby giancarloKing » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:18 am

Now that he is starting Week 1, do you expect big things from the kid? He had a crazy preseason and looks like he could get 25 touches week 1. I took him a bit early in a draft I had but I think Im going to start him (alongside Chris Johnson) and hope he has a huge day and secures his 15 touches a game going forward. Do you think with this news and in PPR format he is more valued then Ryan Matthews now?
giancarloKing
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cj Spiller thoughts? (PPR)

Postby RBManiac » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:25 am

ya never know, but its not out of the realm of big things. He could be the new CJ2k(doubt it)
but he can be teh next Thurman Thomas of the future.

I did say future right? THey have one of the tuffest run schedules in the league.
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Big Game JLo » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:30 am

He is definitely not more valuable than Ryan Matthews. Ryan is in a very good offense (Chargers) with a very good QB (Rivers) whom defenses have to respect. Conversely, Spiller is in one of the lowest rated offenses (Buffalo) with really no one the opposing defenses have to fear. Add to all of that, Spiller (although getting the start this week), still doesn't seem to have the starting gig locked up. He's starting it seems, more because of injuries to both Lynch & Jackson. Of the two, I would easily want Matthews of Spiller. Until Spiller is the definite #1 RB in Buffalo, I would rank Matthews way ahead of him.
Big Game JLo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby sammyfan711 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:15 am

I drafted him in a return yardage league because he was listed as the team's kick returner but now that role is up in the air.

That being said the Buffalo RB has been a fantasy stronghold for a few years now, a few years ago Lynch was getting drafted in the first and second round. Beast Mode ended up to be a big flop but Fred Jackson had a nice stretch last year.

In any case, since we are comparing him to Matthews, I have to say Spiller in the 6th round will give more value than Matthews in the first. A rookie RB going in the first always seemed to be a stretch for me, that position in supposed to be the rock of your team rather than a "potential" pick.
sammyfan711
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:51 pm

I know I've said this a lot, but whatever - I think he's overvalued, not because of CJ Spiller the player but because of his awful situation. No passing game, Bad O-Line... putting a lot on his big play ability alone, which is bound cause lots of inconsistency.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby SameSongNDance » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:24 pm

Spiller, on a team with a respectable pass attack and a decent O-Line would be something to fear.. but like most of the people here I think no amount of skill could overcome how horrid the Bills are on offense. IMO, if Best stays healthy I believe he outproduces both Spiller and Mathews this year.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to Football Talk