Not huggins, but blount? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Not huggins, but blount?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Not huggins, but blount?

Postby RBManiac » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:20 pm

Im thinking TB does love huggins, being around him and how he gets alog with everyone..hes got some great talent, but the bucs seem to have not gained trust in huggins being a workhorse when push comes to shove. I looked at many videos of Blount, hes a complete nut job.

Hes 6'0 ,4.53 at 233 pounds, and has a very impressive 3cone of 6.85...for his size, look at videos of him in college...hes an escaped mental paitent on the field. He plows, and does some spins and hurddles over defenders as well. I was really impressed with the guys running style in the preseason games..he doesnt mess around, he goes out there to try and hurt people in the process.
Hes tuff, and he can be a workhorse...if not, hell do it for the money as long as he gets to punch his teamates in the face every now and then. but for real, all bets aside.

The guy can be the bucs workhorse, and at worst he gets the nod for all the goaline carries, either way, that hurts the value of huggins.

does you guys think Blount hurts huggins value just by being there?

id like some info i dont know about the situation
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Not huggins, but blount?

Postby Matthias » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:15 am

I see the value of Huggins as a backup to an RB who has missed a lot of time. That isn't affected by Blount.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:56 am

It seems they don't view Huggins as a carry-the-load back. Whether the see Blount as one, and whether he can be, is beside the point to me- the thing is he doesn't have the coaching staff's confidence for that roll. In fact, prior to cutting Huggins, Morris referred to Earnest Graham as in the mix at RB.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SetYourselfFree » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:26 am

In picking up Blount, the Bucs were just providing insurance behind smallish Huggins and fragile Caddy and it was a great move as Blount is young with some upside. Huggins will certainly be given carries to change the pace up. I could even see upwards of 8-10 carries and a catch or two in the opener if he shows some explosion. If he continues to impress and Caddy continues to plod along with an unimpressive YPC, he could easily work his way into a platoon or even surpass Caddy if he really shines. But right now, I would temper expectations and watch this develop. If Huggins stuggles initially and Caddy goes down, Blount could be given a look at least as the early down runner.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Matthias » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:54 pm

I looked into this a little last night. It seems that the Bucs just wanted another Mike Alstott type.... a big guy who could move the pile on short yardage and were afraid that they were going to wear down Graham if he was the only guy for the job. But if Caddy goes down, I think Huggins slides into his spot which is pretty much all I'm drafting Huggins for anyway.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby biju » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:49 pm

I think the Blount signing is good and bad for Caddy, and bad for Huggins owners for this year.

He's bad for Caddy because I'm betting he steals short yardage and goal line touches from him in an effort to keep him healthy. That's also good for Caddy because that means he won't wear down as much down the stretch.

Of course, what's good for Caddy is bad for Huggins. For Huggins' value to be anything more than a 3rd down passing back he'll need Caddy to go down. I'm temper expectations on Huggins and Blount right now. But in keeper and dynasty leagues I'm guessing that Huggins still has a sizable value.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:06 pm

Geez, you mean they signed Bount to play football? I thought he might have been hired as security. :-b

Sadly we have a Nuke LaLoushe type in Bount. Million dollar talent with a 10cent head. Love his potential as a bruising FB dressed in RB clothes. No way can I imagine that he will stay out of trouble long enough to make a great impact. That's the trouble with football, you have to have increadible aggression, but it has to be channeled. He will threaten both Huggins and Caddy's value if they get on his bad side. :-b

Should the unthinkable happen and Blount keeps it together enough to play, he wil be a great TD vulture, hurting the value of Huggins and Caddy.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby RBManiac » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:20 am

Should the unthinkable happen and Blount keeps it together enough to play, he wil be a great TD vulture, hurting the value of Huggins and Caddy

thats exactly what im affraid of...he might knock out both RBs with a sucker punch, and all their values will be hurt because blount will be kicked off the team, and huggins and caddy will be on the sidelines with an ice bag..lol

maybe he can just punch the crap out of every defender that gets into his way...ther will be multiple penalties and possibly ejection, but at least he will make it to the endzone.
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 011472 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 pm

Well, it was neither of them today. I was hoping Huggins could make a contribution and I could use him as trade bait. Instead, nothing.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Yeah neither Huggy or LaPunch so touches, instead it was a name from 2-3 years ago when he went for almost 2,000 total yards in 25 games from 07-09, none other then Earnest Graham. Kind of throws a wrench into the whole Huggins deal...

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk