Not huggins, but blount? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Not huggins, but blount?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Not huggins, but blount?

Postby Matthias » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:47 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:Yeah neither Huggy or LaPunch so touches, instead it was a name from 2-3 years ago when he went for almost 2,000 total yards in 25 games from 07-09, none other then Earnest Graham. Kind of throws a wrench into the whole Huggins deal...

As I said days ago

Matthias wrote:I see the value of Huggins as a backup to an RB who has missed a lot of time. That isn't affected by Blount.

I never viewed Huggins as having value in some sort of RBBC. I don't know why you guys did.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SetYourselfFree » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:40 pm

It looks like Huggins will get his first opportunity this weekend. Remember that Caddy and Graham looked very slow and ineffective last week so he has a chance to make a case to become a permanent part of the mix.

Bucs coach Raheem Morris hinted that pass protection was the main reason he was hesitant to use Kareem Huggins in Week 1.

Despite Huggins' shortcomings as a blocker, the Bucs' staff clearly regrets giving him zero carries in Week 1. "Just throw him out there and let him do it. He's proven he can do it in the preseason. ... You have to play the other guys," Morris said. Look for Huggins to get his chance on early downs this week as he spells Cadillac Williams.
Source: St. Petersburg Times
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SetYourselfFree » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Nevermind

Bucs RB Kareem Huggins was held out of practice for a second straight day with a groin injury.

He won't be in line for an increased role this week after all. Coach Raheem Morris indicated that Huggins had a bit of a setback with the injury, and there's a possibility that Kregg Lumpkin or LeGarrette Blount will handle No. 3 duties this week.
Source: Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Twitter
Related: Kregg Lumpkin, LeGarrette Blount

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh <----- me sighing
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:17 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:Yeah neither Huggy or LaPunch so touches, instead it was a name from 2-3 years ago when he went for almost 2,000 total yards in 25 games from 07-09, none other then Earnest Graham. Kind of throws a wrench into the whole Huggins deal...

Well I wasn't very surprised since Caddy and Graham are clearly the future backs of the TB organization.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Football Talk