Sleeper WR on the hush - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleeper WR on the hush

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sleeper WR on the hush

Postby ngub12 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:49 am

Bernard Berrian. I love how everyone is hating on favre this year. Literally the only thing that scares me about Favre is his ankle and his ability to play 16 games. Granted that is a big scare. I could care less about the loss of Rice. Who was syndey rice before favre starting throwing him the ball? Nobody. I think Favre makes receivers better, they just need to be given the opportunity. Berrian will be on the field and targeted because they are another squad that lacks option at WR. I think berrian will turn out a respectable season and can be had dirt cheap.

Thoughts?
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sleeper WR on the hush

Postby Dolfan19 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:56 am

i think you have a good point. if you can get him cheap, there's not much risk anyway. actually somebody in my league just cut him for devin hester. might be worthy of a bench spot until we see a few games...
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby SetYourselfFree » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:54 pm

Berrian has had his share of hype since the news Rice will be out a while. But I don't like him and here's why...

1. He's not a great reciever - he was a starter last year and put up very underwhelming stats.

2. Camarillo will take away many of the targets that he seemed to gain after Rice went on the shelf.

3. He looked like trash this preseason and Favre doesn't seem to have any rapport with him.

4. Rice will probably be back at some point later this season and during the crucial weeks of the season, a good possibility exists that Berrian will be useless in most leagues.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Matthias » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Don't forget about Percy Harvin.

I'm not sure if any of the MN WRs are startable at this point. They might be rosterable to see if their roles become defined but I don't have great expectations for any of them individually as of yet.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:22 pm

After watching a bit a Berrian this exhibition season, I think I'd rather roll dice with Camarillo. Berrian looked slow and disinterested.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby sammyfan711 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:23 am

Berrian had an underwhelming debut Thursday but we knew he was a boom or bust prospect on a week to week basis.

Think Lee Evans in his hey, a downfield threat that would never rack up the receptions but explode for a few huge games every year. That being said Favre was not in sync and it was week one, Berrian still has some sleeper value but he will have to earn Favre's respect.
sammyfan711
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SetYourselfFree » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:53 am

Percy will get it going eventually. Favre took a couple games to get in rhythm with his recievers last year and it might have something to do with the fact he avoids practicing and playing in the preseason.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:20 am

I think he is a good gamble for where you can get him but expect the unpredictable every week from him. Definately not someone you can rely on week in and week out.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Football Talk