Some new Yahoo bugs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Some new Yahoo bugs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Some new Yahoo bugs

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:52 pm

Anybody else have a problem with their browser freezing when visiting their league home page? I have two different computers and although most of the time the league page ads ("There was a time when Le Wizard...") load without error, about 20% of the time the page freezes both of them. Also, when I visit my team pages, for some reason the traditional lineup edit function loads until I drag my cursor over the area, at which point it changes to drag/drop.

Neither of these problems were present last year when I was using the same computers. Anybody else experiencing the same thing?
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Some new Yahoo bugs

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:40 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:Anybody else have a problem with their browser freezing when visiting their league home page? I have two different computers and although most of the time the league page ads ("There was a time when Le Wizard...") load without error, about 20% of the time the page freezes both of them. Also, when I visit my team pages, for some reason the traditional lineup edit function loads until I drag my cursor over the area, at which point it changes to drag/drop.

Neither of these problems were present last year when I was using the same computers. Anybody else experiencing the same thing?

The second is a known bug that I believe we'll have fixed later today; it is purely based on time, not dragging your cursor over. It shouldn't actually hurt anything, but it sure does look strange.

I could use more information on the first, though it sounds like perhaps we have a bad ad. Is it eventually loading, or hanging your browser to where you have to restart it? Can you see what ads are showing when this happens? It wouldn't hurt any if you could PM me the source code to your league page when this happens.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby RBManiac » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Anybody else have a problem with their browser freezing when visiting their league home page?

YES!, im glad it happens to others..i though it was just my comp.

and the second one happens constantly, but for some reason its not happening to me this year
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:42 pm

For what it's worth, after seeming to be largely corrected yesterday, the browser freeze bug I described is back with a vengeance today. It may be simply that my computer is low on virtual memory, but the fact that it happens consistently on "league home" but never on "my team" or "fantasy home" is somewhat telling.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Payne Dailey » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:30 pm

I got a bug today when using firefox. I can't see my roster on any of my teams. I can see all the other teams in the league but when I click my team everything loads but the roster. So I used IE and it worked fine. I hate IE!!
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:59 am

in 'players' when i click on the box to start typing the players name, as soon as i hit the fist letter it takes my cursur off that box...so i have to go reclick on it

not the end of the world...just annoying that i have to click on the box, start typing a name, then reclick it every time

also....yahoo shows Megatron not having a receiving TD yesterday when he clearly caught the ball in the endzone and had possession and fell and still had possession and was celebrating and lost the ball....after he had possession in the endzone :-D

so genie...if you could fix that Mega bug id appreciate it :-b
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Of late this glitch, which had seemingly lain dormant, has again reared its ugly head. I use about 4 different PCs and on each one I have, in the last couple of days, experienced a browser freeze at my "league home" page.

Genie, if you read this, I appreciate your attention to the matter, but it's not a huge deal, just would be remiss if I didn't mention it.

I understand the need for ads in a free to play fantasy game, but I would expect that they wouldn't frequently cause my browser to crash. I guess I'm just venting my frustration more than anything else. I'm sure it will be cleared up soon.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:28 pm

shawngee03 wrote:in 'players' when i click on the box to start typing the players name, as soon as i hit the fist letter it takes my cursur off that box...so i have to go reclick on it

This one is a little annoying too. The cursor always appears in the search box when the page initially loads but is hijacked and moved elsewhere right as I start typing a name. Like you said, not the end of the world, but an unnecessary frustration.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Manoquins » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:13 am

I hate the Yahoo FF page. Both on my Blackberry and my laptop, nothing ever seems to work right. I did not have a single problem for Yahoo Fantasy Baseball though so that makes it all the more frustrating.

I won't use Yahoo for FF again. There are just too many better options out there.
Manoquins
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk