Percy Harvin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Percy Harvin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Percy Harvin

Postby SetYourselfFree » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:24 pm

A special thanks to Brett Favre for basically NEVER targeting him. It seems the Vikings hate him enough to turn their once great franchise into a pile of trash...much like how Eddie Royal became phased out as the Broncos faded into the realm of bad teams.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Percy Harvin

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:41 pm

wat
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:47 pm

SetYourselfFree wrote:A special thanks to Brett Favre for basically NEVER targeting him. It seems the Vikings hate him enough to turn their once great franchise into a pile of trash...much like how Eddie Royal became phased out as the Broncos faded into the realm of bad teams.

I assume you're a Harvin owner that's upset about his 1 reception?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dgan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:20 pm

bagobonez wrote:
SetYourselfFree wrote:A special thanks to Brett Favre for basically NEVER targeting him. It seems the Vikings hate him enough to turn their once great franchise into a pile of trash...much like how Eddie Royal became phased out as the Broncos faded into the realm of bad teams.

I assume you're a Harvin owner that's upset about his 1 reception?

Yes, blame Favre and the Vikings for Percy's 3 route running errors. Fantasy value = opportunity x talent. When you can't run routes correctly, you lose your opportunities and the talent doesn't matter.

Not just Percy those - call me Captain Obvious, but I don't think you can stroll a QB and a bunch of new receivers on the field essentially without practicing together, and beat a quality NFL defense. The Vikings biggest problem in this particular game is that AP ran the ball 6 times in the first few minutes of the 1st quarter. And while that was very successful, they couldn't stick with it because they don't have a serviceable backup RB. AP was simply overworked...He won't last 'til Week 7 if they can't spell him with confidence.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby u_fig_eater » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:24 pm

Yeah, right now it's the worst case scenario for the Vikings. dgan hit the nail on the head.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:36 pm

But there is hope. Favre and Shiancoe seem to be in sync, Camarillo could take Berrians spot and Favre will get his timing back enough to make up for Harvins running amok by just hitting open receivers no matter how they got there.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:10 am

dgan wrote:The Vikings biggest problem in this particular game is that AP ran the ball 6 times in the first few minutes of the 1st quarter. And while that was very successful, they couldn't stick with it because they don't have a serviceable backup RB. AP was simply overworked...He won't last 'til Week 7 if they can't spell him with confidence.

Toby Gerhart will be a good backup when he comes back. He looked fine in limited time in the preseason.

The Vikings passing game didn't exactly hit the ground running last season either. The difference was they had the Browns and Lions in weeks 1 & 2 to work out the kinks. Though it did look like Favre was missing the security that Sidney Rice gave him last season. The Vikings don't have another WR who can go up and get the ball in traffic like Rice can. Defenses will be able to give Harvin a lot more attention until he comes back.
Last edited by jake_twothousandfive on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby k.k. » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:22 am

Favre and his receivers just need a little time. They didn't have enough prep for the season with things coming together so quickly for MIN. I'm convinced there will be marked improvements in the Vikings passing game in weeks 2 and 3. Harvin is too good not to succeed with a veteran arm like Favre behind center.
~
k.k.
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SetYourselfFree » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:16 am

How the f is Percy a new target? Brett played int this same offense tonight, minus Rice, all last year. I guess Brett was slow to get in a groove last year as well but it's his damn fault for skipping all preseason action so he can go hunting. Percy can run a route and he was well covered but Brett looked totaly out of synch and hesitant.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby justinj312 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:20 am

I guess Harvin sits on my bench until week 3 vs Det.

Looks to me like the passing game needs training camp. Thanks Brett!
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting