Percy Harvin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Percy Harvin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Percy Harvin

Postby HunglikeChampions » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:09 am

SetYourselfFree wrote:How the f is Percy a new target? Brett played int this same offense tonight, minus Rice, all last year. I guess Brett was slow to get in a groove last year as well but it's his damn fault for skipping all preseason action so he can go hunting. Percy can run a route and he was well covered but Brett looked totaly out of synch and hesitant.

Did you hear the commentators talk about Harvins poor route running last night? They said multiple times he stopped the route short and misread the def to not be where he was supposed to be. Favre not being at training camp definitely doesnt help, but a lot of last night was on Harvin as well.
HunglikeChampions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:25 am

Favre and the offense will be fine. Favre's had 2 whole weeks to knock the rust off, it aint happening in 2 weeks, especially with Sidney Rice out. And Camarillo's new to the team as well. Give it a couple of more weeks and those slight overthrows and underthrows will start to hit them between the numbers. I'm not sweating it just yet.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SetYourselfFree » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:53 am

I was at a wedding rehearsal dinner last night trying to watch the game through a window into a bar area, so I didn't hear anything. Then I had a lot to drink and when I got home to see Percy's crap line I got pissed off and made this thread, haha. I'm sure Percy was a hot mess last night, I was just being irrational.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BuckToothZombie » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:20 am

My thoughts exactly on Favre... He was totally off his game and it looked like a terrible scrimmage match.. I had Berrian playing and man what a joke.. E erytime he screwed up and fell or missed a catch he looked at the refs like they should call something and bail him out.. I won't even get into the fact he dropped a punt kick that my daughter could've caught..
Minn number 1 WR had 3 yards!! 3 FREAKING YARDS.. At least Harvin got 12 yards..

Brett get your head out of the woods and into the game!! You're a veteran. But EVERYONE gets rusty if you go months without playing..

Ok my rant is done... Thanks for listening..
BuckToothZombie
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:38 am

HunglikeChampions wrote:
SetYourselfFree wrote:How the f is Percy a new target? Brett played int this same offense tonight, minus Rice, all last year. I guess Brett was slow to get in a groove last year as well but it's his damn fault for skipping all preseason action so he can go hunting. Percy can run a route and he was well covered but Brett looked totaly out of synch and hesitant.

Did you hear the commentators talk about Harvins poor route running last night? They said multiple times he stopped the route short and misread the def to not be where he was supposed to be. Favre not being at training camp definitely doesnt help, but a lot of last night was on Harvin as well.

Right, because the commentators know what routes the receivers are supposed to run all the time. I'm not saying Harvin didn't make some mistakes, but don't believe he did because the commentators say he did.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Metroid wrote:
HunglikeChampions wrote:

Right, because the commentators know what routes the receivers are supposed to run all the time. I'm not saying Harvin didn't make some mistakes, but don't believe he did because the commentators say he did.

Well, its not like the commentators could say that Favre had no chemistry with Harvin or Berrlyin. It had to be that Harvin suddenly not knowing what routes to run was different than last season when it didn't seem to make a difference where he was going, Favre could find him. Princess Brett was an embarrassment out there.

Of course, the announcers couldn't exactly say that now could they?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:22 pm

moochman wrote:
Metroid wrote:
HunglikeChampions wrote:

Well, its not like the commentators could say that Favre had no chemistry with Harvin or Berrlyin. It had to be that Harvin suddenly not knowing what routes to run was different than last season when it didn't seem to make a difference where he was going, Favre could find him. Princess Brett was an embarrassment out there.

Of course, the announcers couldn't exactly say that now could they?

Exactly. Jesus Favre can do no wrong. :-b

I'm sure Percy made some mistakes out there, he missed his share of time too. But Brett was obviously off.
Metroid

Postby u_fig_eater » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:51 am

Childress explains Harvin's route running mistake: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5556054
Harvin was in the right slot, covered by linebacker Marvin Mitchell, and the Vikings had first-and-10 at their 41-yard line. The pass called was a "basic cross," according to Childress, one of their favorite plays.

Favre's throw, unlike several others throughout the night, was strong and in the right place. Harvin, however, didn't run it right.

"He beat his guy, and he kind of lulled and settled as opposed to running through the throw," Childress said.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby spodog » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:53 am

Can't blame Favre for Harvin's poor performance Thur night. More here:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=472170&start=10
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Who's blaming Favre? I even said Harvin probably made his share of mistakes out there, and evidently he did. My point was not to believe what the commentators tell you because they don't always know what the hell is going on. Al Michaels does great play by play but he's by no means an expert on route running and schemes.

Anyway, yes, blame Harvin for some poor route running, blame Berrian for being useless, but also blame Favre for being pretty much off the whole night. He is not blameless in that loss.
Metroid

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting