Why is everyone so low on McCoy? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why is everyone so low on McCoy?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Why is everyone so low on McCoy?

Postby SameSongNDance » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:53 pm

One game down, time to evaluate. IMO, he played exactly as I thought he would. If the game were closer in the beginning, I'm betting he would have had more than only 7 rushes. He showed he could run in-between the tackles with his 10 yard TD. He also showed he could run outside of the tackles on the previous TD he scored that was called back. Finally he established his worth in PPR leagues with his 27 yard catch and run at the end of the game. 92 yards on 12 touches and a TD is nothing to scoff at against a stingy GB Defense. Overall, I'm happy with my RB2.

P.S With Leonard Weaver out for the season and Kevin Kolbs status up in the air for next week, McCoy looks like a top 5 RB against an improved albeit still rather weak DET defense. Look what Forte, another receiving type back did to them through the air.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Totally agree. McCoy is a solid RB1 play this week. I definitely think he'll put up numbers in the top 10 RB range for this week. Who knows what the season brings.

I'm still throwing up in my mouth a bit from watching the slow motion of the Weaver injury.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby SetYourselfFree » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:00 pm

Yes, McCoy faced the Lions, but their defensive line has improved and they shut Matt Forte down (in the running game) in week 1. Through 2 games McCoy already has 4 rushing TD's and confirmed the reports that he has improved his conditioning and become a more decisive runner. At the very least, he squashed any thought he might get pulled at the goal line or lose work to Bell. He's well on his way to a big season and looks very much like a younger version of the man he replaced.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SetYourselfFree » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:41 am

A fractured rib and a stout Niners run defense were not enough to slow down Shady McCoy last night. It's official, he's very legit and a top-10 back which makes him a RB1.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby petedog9 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:46 am

Mc Coy had a good noitght but almost cost the Eagles the game.. He slid down 2 yards short fo the first down marker to avoid contact late in the 4th. The first down would have iced the game..... :-B
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SetYourselfFree » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:02 am

I think he was just trying to send the game into OT so he could maybe get a few more carries and another catch. Totally justifiable.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:11 am

The guy is a total stud, except for that one cheesy play at the end of the game...
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:22 am

SetYourselfFree wrote:I think he was just trying to send the game into OT so he could maybe get a few more carries and another catch. Totally justifiable.

Why, do you think he has himself on his Fantasy team?
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby biju » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:27 am

petedog9 wrote:Mc Coy had a good noitght but almost cost the Eagles the game.. He slid down 2 yards short fo the first down marker to avoid contact late in the 4th. The first down would have iced the game..... :-B

Actually if you watched the post game when they talked to him about it he said he (paraphrasing) "thought he was being a smart player by going down and avoid the risk of fumbling, because he thought he had the first down". He was basically pulling a "Westbrook" by not letting the other team have a chance to get the ball again. Yes, he messed up by not getting those extra yards, but how stupid would it have seemed if he fumbled? There were four 49ers around him when he went down...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby petedog9 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:38 am

I saw that but still... You gotta know where you are at on the field... He is not a QB , he is a RB and shouldnt be worried about a little contact. Wrap up the ball with both hands and lower the shoulder for the first down. I think he could have gotten the first and still not gotten hit had he just fell forward instead of hook sliding likea QB. Defenders werent that close to him when he went down..
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk