Don't laugh, Joey Galloway could be a deep sleeper hit. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Don't laugh, Joey Galloway could be a deep sleeper hit.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Don't laugh, Joey Galloway could be a deep sleeper hit.

Postby Obliduty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:17 am

I know it sounds crazy, but I think Joey Galloway/Anthony Armstrong could be decent later round WRs this year.

Here's why:

- When McNabb first got acquired to the skins everyone ranted how he was "clicking" with Galloway in OTA's and TC over any other skins WR.

- In fact Shanahan had seen enough good out of Galloway to basically hold him out all almost the entire preseason.

- Even after having almost no playing time during the preseason Shanahan names him the #2 receiver to Moss over Devin Thomas who's ADP is much higher--After a great preseason Shanahan also names Armstrong the 3rd WR who also showed a good connection with McNabb.

- Kyle Shanahan is the OC and PLAYCALLER for the skins this year. When you think of the Redskins offense this year you should think more K. Shanahan's Houston passing offense and less M. Shanahan's Denver run offense.

- To prove this theory more you can just take a look at how the redskins rank 3rd this preseason in Passing Offense(right behind GB and NO). Most of that was done by the skins 1st string and/or 1st string players mixed with Sexy Rex Grossman. Even though he got beat up McNabb threw for 209 yards against the Raven's starting D IN ONE HALF. I don't think they will be great record wise but I do think the Skins will pass the hell out of the ball this year.

Overall I think that either JG or AA could put up at least equal numbers to say a Maclin, Jacoby Jones, A-Gonz or Meachem this year.
Obliduty
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Don't laugh, Joey Galloway could be a deep sleeper hit.

Postby SetYourselfFree » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:24 pm

I'm laughing. And I'm laughing hard.

But seriously, you're right...I guess if the team plane goes down soon and all the Skins die except Galloway, he might find relevance in a 20-team league.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby justinj312 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:25 am

what year is it?
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby daullaz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:20 am

I'm with you, Obliduty. He made an appearance in this prediction article:

http://fantasyfootball.fanhouse.com/201 ... new-seaso/
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk