Week 1 GC: Dallas @ Washington - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 1 GC: Dallas @ Washington

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 1 GC: Dallas @ Washington

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:36 pm

vykeengfan wrote:did you guys see the look on mcnabb's face on the sideline? hahahaha

Priceless lol. It was one of those 'God I just wanna go home' looks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OFFENSIVE LINE LOST THEM THE GAME LITERALLY!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

After Roy Williams FINALLY caught a ball. PRICELESS.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:38 pm

Holding penalty end game. The NFL really needs to examine just what it is trying to accomplish. A Penalty takes away TD, fine, but ends a game is garbage. Its like kissing Goodell's sister :-P

McNabbs expression was great. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:41 pm

As embarraswsing as it is to lose to such a low calibur team we deserve it. Simply can't have that many penalties. The oline injuries will be more costly than I thought.

On a side note I am very happy with my FFball results though. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby woodson_28 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 pm

[quote="Cowboys 4 life"]As embarraswsing as it is to lose to such a low calibur team we deserve it. Simply can't have that many penalties./quote]

Couldn't agree more. Cutting Flozell was bittersweet in the sense that although he was still a dominate LT, his penalties were destroying drives and really hurting the team. I was shocked to see that statistic half way thru the game that Flozell was second in the league in penalties after Barron.

We need to just flat-out cut Barron. I don't care how shallow the O-line is, we will never win a championship if our team has no discipline.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:54 pm

moochman wrote:Holding penalty end game. The NFL really needs to examine just what it is trying to accomplish. A Penalty takes away TD, fine, but ends a game is garbage. Its like kissing Goodell's sister :-P

Exactly how else do you expect the game to end???? Offensive team commits a penalty with no time left on the clock and you think they should get another play??? You've got to be kidding me. As Shanny said in the press conference after the game, if there is no hold, we get an easy sack on the play. The Cowboys didn't deserve another shot. I don't think any sane person would argue that it wasn't a good call.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby SniperShot » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:41 pm

yeah it was a fine call.

A win is a win, great start for the Skins but I'm really worried about the passing game. Another WR is gonna have to step it up. Was starting to look a bit like the Shanny offense of old in Denver with a few cutback plays though, really good stuff on a few runs for Portis, I can definitely see that being very effective as the season goes on. If Portis stays healthy he might be a really solid fantasy play week in and week out.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:48 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
moochman wrote:What do ya Gano, a 48 yard FG, Skins 13-7

When I go to sleep at night, I just think... I wish I was as clever as mooch.

You have no idea. He's entertained me all day. Funny stuff, Moochman. :-b
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:28 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
moochman wrote:Holding penalty end game. The NFL really needs to examine just what it is trying to accomplish. A Penalty takes away TD, fine, but ends a game is garbage. Its like kissing Goodell's sister :-P

Exactly how else do you expect the game to end???? Offensive team commits a penalty with no time left on the clock and you think they should get another play??? You've got to be kidding me. As Shanny said in the press conference after the game, if there is no hold, we get an easy sack on the play. The Cowboys didn't deserve another shot. I don't think any sane person would argue that it wasn't a good call.

Never said it was a bad call, I get emotional and carried away. I undestand you can't keep giving Os another shot, but there seems to be a rush in the league to end games as fast as possible. I was wrong, but I am sane. Thanks for your rush to judgment. Try not to be insulting, it detracts from your arguement.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:08 am

moochman wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:

Never said it was a bad call, I get emotional and carried away. I undestand you can't keep giving Os another shot, but there seems to be a rush in the league to end games as fast as possible. I was wrong, but I am sane. Thanks for your rush to judgment. Try not to be insulting, it detracts from your arguement.

My argument is just fine thank you. I didn't call you insane. I didn't imply that you were arguing that the call wasn't good. I just asked you what you thought should have happened differently while stating that anyone would have to be insane to argue the call itself. I didn't insult you, period. If you insist on inviting me to insult you... well that could be arranged. :-t
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting