Re: 2010-11 Polls/Discussion

Postby Metroid » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:27 pm

Are you surprised or something?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby roninmedia » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:34 pm

I have no horse in the NCG race (Watching my expected 9-4 Gators) but I would like to see Boise in it; beating Oregon in a rematch of the past several years. O:-)

Auburn really doesn't surprise me because the math says if Auburn wins out in the regular season, they are easily #1. However, if voters remembered the Rose Bowl and kept Ohio State over Oregon despite lackluster efforts for tOSU, they should do the same for Boise over TCU. TCU is gaining on Boise in the human polls as well.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thebigsmooth » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:43 pm

Curious to see how far done michigan state drops.
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Metroid » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:21 pm

roninmedia wrote:I have no horse in the NCG race (Watching my expected 9-4 Gators) but I would like to see Boise in it; beating Oregon in a rematch of the past several years. O:-)

Auburn really doesn't surprise me because the math says if Auburn wins out in the regular season, they are easily #1. However, if voters remembered the Rose Bowl and kept Ohio State over Oregon despite lackluster efforts for tOSU, they should do the same for Boise over TCU. TCU is gaining on Boise in the human polls as well.

First off, Boise would not beat Oregon this year. The Ducks are playing at a level that is out of this world.

Second. Boise still need a lot of help to get into the title game. I'd expect to see TCU in before Boise and that ain't happening either. I'm predicting to see Alabama and Oregon in the title game. Don't be surprised to see Alabama #3 in the next couple weeks. If they do indeed win out, they will have beaten #12 LSU, #21 Miss. St., and #1 Auburn. Add in whomever they beat in the SEC title game. Yes I'm one of those who feel a 1 loss Bama will deserves a spot in the title game over Boise or TCU.
Metroid

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:38 pm

I would hate to see Boise St. in the championship game. They simply don't deserve to be there. Oh you beat Virginia Tech and Oregon State? Congrats, you actually came to play twice this year. Teams like Bama, Auburn, OSU, Wisco, Oregon, etc all need to try to come and play every week, whereas Boise can roll out of bed in the morning and sleepwalk their way through the game. I would rather see a one (or even two) loss team from the SEC or Big 10 in the championship over Boise St. or TCU.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:23 pm

I said the same thing, Met. Alabama will beat Oregon in the NC and repeat.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:48 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:I said the same thing, Met. Alabama will beat Oregon in the NC and repeat.

If you said Alabama would beat Oregon in the NC, you did not say the same thing as me. haha. :-b
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:18 pm

Oregon adds a #1 BCS ranking to their list of firsts this year. B-)

Complete rankings

TCU hops Boise, no surprise there, and Bama is just quietly inching their way up the ranks.
Metroid

Postby Sandrock » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:38 pm

Boise State still has to play Nevada, who would win a lot of games in a Big 6 conference this year with a healthy CC behind center.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:14 am

Sandrock wrote:Boise State still has to play Nevada, who would win a lot of games in a Big 6 conference this year with a healthy CC behind center.

Hawaii actually helping build a case as a semi-legit opponent (albeit second-third tier), but with that said I think it'll take a miracle for Boise St. to get in. As much as I'd like to see the Broncos in the big game, I have a feeling the winner of TCU-Utah this weekend has a much better shot of staying ahead of BSU unless they get a lot of credit in the polls for going undefeated with convincing wins over Nevada, Hawaii, Fresno and whoever else they have left. Of course, they also need a stumble (or two?) by 1-2 SEC teams and or Oregon to even have a shot, so it's prolly a moot point. I think they should just change their official school name for the next couple of years to "No. 3 Boise State" :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football