Arian Foster will be top 5 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Arian Foster will be top 5

Moderator: Football Moderators

Arian Foster will be top 5

Postby tHe.pRoFessionaL » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:55 pm

I drafted him in all 3 leagues I am in, earliest I had to take him was the 3rd round in (go figure) my last draft. I have been super high on this guy since the end of last year and after today, well you could say I definitely still am. I may be glowing right now. Barring injury this guy will be easily in the top 5 in my opinion. That offense looked very, very good today. With the great pass attack they have, there will be no way defenses can stack the box against this guy.

PS: you think there is any competition for carries now?

1700 total yards and 15 TD's is my projection. I think its pretty safe since he already has 240+ and 3TD's. ;-D
tHe.pRoFessionaL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Arian Foster will be top 5

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:19 pm

God I knew these would start popping up all over.

Lets not get too carried away here. Hell yes he had a tremendous day today, but come on top 5? Lets get serious here, you think hes going to finish ahead of at least one of: Rice, Turner or Gore who are right around 4-6? Lets not forget that Houston who is built around Andre Johnson and now Schaub only threw the ball 17 times and let Arian rush 33 times. I really don't see that happening too many times throughout the rest of the year.

I'll put overwhelming odds on the fact that Foster doesn't finish top 5, maybe top 10, but even that could be a push.

Conductor Foster hollers 'ALL ABOARD THE TRAIN!!'

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LMack » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Selling my Foster stock. Was a great game to watch today, terrific start to the season. But I think his value is over-inflated.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:56 pm

LMack wrote:Selling my Foster stock. Was a great game to watch today, terrific start to the season. But I think his value is over-inflated.

He is a good high-sell right now. Amidst all the people congratulating themselves for drafting him, the little fact that Indy can be run all over has slipped by. Not trying to discredit him nor take credit away from Houston in any way. But if you have Foster, you very well drafted him to your bench, and he's great trade value for you right now.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:07 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
LMack wrote:Selling my Foster stock. Was a great game to watch today, terrific start to the season. But I think his value is over-inflated.

He is a good high-sell right now. Amidst all the people congratulating themselves for drafting him, the little fact that Indy can be run all over has slipped by. Not trying to discredit him nor take credit away from Houston in any way. But if you have Foster, you very well drafted him to your bench, and he's great trade value for you right now.

Was only able to draft him in one league, was my #2 to CJ4.24 today. Yea me. Have to assess my needs and see who is a good trade victim.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Matthias » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:17 pm

scottaa1 wrote:

Only if you drafted him a month, or maybe 3 weeks, ago. After the pre-season game where he looked like a stud, he's been being drafted in the mid-20's or higher. At that draft position he's probably people's second RB, definitely not on their bench.

He might be good trade value right now but frankly I doubt it. Nobody is going to give you what he's worth which is the #5 to #10 RB in my eyes.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:00 pm

I think you're dumb if you trade him. I don't care how garbage your rush defense is 233 yards is alot. We've been talking this guy up for a month now. He looked great in the pre-season. His line is good. With the weapons he has on the outside helping him, he's looking at 7 in the box all year. When you've got a QB like Schaub, passing options like AJ, Daniels, Walter, and Jones, and a solid Oline he's going to be carving defenses all year. I don't understand why people want to go shop this guy already. The Houston RB position has always produced. It may have been clouded sometimes by RBBC but they always got results from their back field. None of that this year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:09 pm

Azrael wrote:I think you're dumb if you trade him. I don't care how garbage your rush defense is 233 yards is alot. We've been talking this guy up for a month now. He looked great in the pre-season. His line is good. With the weapons he has on the outside helping him, he's looking at 7 in the box all year. When you've got a QB like Schaub, passing options like AJ, Daniels, Walter, and Jones, and a solid Oline he's going to be carving defenses all year. I don't understand why people want to go shop this guy already. The Houston RB position has always produced. It may have been clouded sometimes by RBBC but they always got results from their back field. None of that this year.

One of the reasons you draft a lot of RBs is in the hope that trades to patch other areas presents itself. It has with Foster. He is the new hotness right now and will bring a better return.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Azrael wrote:I think you're dumb if you trade him. I don't care how garbage your rush defense is 233 yards is alot. We've been talking this guy up for a month now. He looked great in the pre-season. His line is good. With the weapons he has on the outside helping him, he's looking at 7 in the box all year. When you've got a QB like Schaub, passing options like AJ, Daniels, Walter, and Jones, and a solid Oline he's going to be carving defenses all year. I don't understand why people want to go shop this guy already. The Houston RB position has always produced. It may have been clouded sometimes by RBBC but they always got results from their back field. None of that this year.

So what does he average week to week? 233 is a huge outlier, especially given the fact that he most likely won't see 24+ rushes again, let alone the 33 that he had today. Or the fact that the Indy run D isn't even close to the top half of the league? Slaton won't be held out of games all year, so to think that this is Arian's show 100% of the time is suicide, imo.

I'll be very eager to see how he fairs in the next 2 weeks @Washington and home against Dallas. Then looking ahead towards the end of the year and playoff time you are looking at a pretty stout lineup consisting of TEN, @PHI, BAL and @TEN. Again tho I just do NOT see Houston passing only 19 times a game very many times from here on out. It won't be too long before Schaub, Andre and the rest of the receiving core that have put Houston back on the map start complaining about the new guy stealing their touches. Houston is still pass first, and I will be very surprised to see many more 100+ rush games even. Now total yards he should total 100+ quite a few times, but rushing for 100+ in the fashion he did today I think is over the top a bit.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:34 pm

No I do not expect him to rush near 33 times again. 20-25 touches a game will happen more often than it won't. Backs catch quite a few passes in Kubiak's offense so he'll catch is fair share when they throw. Just because you don't draft the guy in the first or 2nd round doesn't mean he can't be a huge player for you. Sometimes you land a Frank Gore 2006. Unless the guy gets hurt there just aren't many RBs that are going to outproduce the guy on a weekly basis. Seriously I would expect him to be atleast near 100 yards rushing or better more often than not.

I don't know what you've seen out of Steve Slaton that makes you think he's going to be in ball games more than to give Foster a breather. I do not expect Slaton to be much of a factor against his production. The coaches trust Steve's ability to NOT fumble the football as far as they can throw him. Remember last year Slaton lost his starting role.

Someone mentioned Dallas' defense, Foster went 18 for 110 and a TD in the pre-season in about 3Q of work. Houston has an explosive offense. Their defense is better. I expect them to be playing from in front more often than not, which means heavy doses of Foster later in the game. Sometimes you just need to be happy you grabbed an excellent player at a bargain and stop trying to out think yourself.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk