2 Divas, 2 strong statements, some irate people. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2 Divas, 2 strong statements, some irate people.

Moderator: Football Moderators

2 Divas, 2 strong statements, some irate people.

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:04 pm

So the Jets brass aren't too happy with the comments that Revis said in an interview a few days ago with Peter King, and frankly I don't blame them. The exact quote made by Revis is as follows, after the question of if Revis thinks he is still worth more money:

"That's a great question," Revis told King. "If I continue to play ball like I usually do, we'll probably be back at that same position we were this year."

This is the junk I'm talking about with these players. You get a big contract that you held out on your team for, accepted that contract, then not even a week later say that in 2 years if you play 'like you usually do' your going to hold out again? Wow.

--------------------------------------
Then the Randy Moss comments after Sunday's win against Cincy. Basically because he isn't getting a pat on the back and having Billy Belly telling him how fine of a job he's doing, like a highschool kid. He went on, and on, and on in his press conference about all of this and in the end it boiled down to him saying he loves the Pats, but probably won't be back at the end of the year.

But I think that a lot of things that are being written or has been said is looking at me in a negative light, and I don't want it to be in a negative light. I just want everybody to understand you can print it, I don't care how you put it on me, but, you know, I want to be here as a Patriots, I love being here, but I just think, from a business standpoint, this probably will be my last year here as a Patriot. And I'm not retiring, I'm still going to play some football. So I just wanted to get that off my chest, and let you all understand, man, because this is a business.

Exactly Randy, it is just that, a business, so get over the fact that you aren't a 2nd year WR and TEARING apart any defenders you face and also the fact that your are no longer that top WR, so the spotlight is gone on younger up and coming WR.

I mean seriously you have one guy that has all the spotlight, and now getting paid top dollar and still isn't happy. Then another that has had a very, very productive career, on one of the better squads in the NFL, getting paid good money and having a team take a chance on your cocky, arrogant a** after a couple disappointing years with non-Mosslike productivity. But now because you haven't gotten enough pats on the butt your going to cry about it to the media? Com'on man.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2 Divas, 2 strong statements, some irate people.

Postby u_fig_eater » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:07 pm

Everything Moss said is true, so I don't see the big deal. Randy being Randy...if you think he's a jerk, you're not alone. I like him though.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:10 pm

All I'm hearing is that Moss gets it. Its all business, the Pats will prolly not spend the money he wants for him, so he is gone. He loves being a Patriot, but he understands business. As such, he tries to gain a little leverage in public opinion by telling the truth.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:45 pm

moochman wrote:All I'm hearing is that Moss gets it. Its all business, the Pats will prolly not spend the money he wants for him, so he is gone. He loves being a Patriot, but he understands business. As such, he tries to gain a little leverage in public opinion by telling the truth.

This.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:49 pm

moochman wrote:All I'm hearing is that Moss gets it. Its all business, the Pats will prolly not spend the money he wants for him, so he is gone. He loves being a Patriot, but he understands business. As such, he tries to gain a little leverage in public opinion by telling the truth.

I just thought it was funny. If you read the transcript of that conference, or watched the conference it was a cry for help to the media, and thats all it was. He knows he's on the way out of NE cuz the young guys are there and there are options that could replace him and his money. So he puts this out here as a cry for help in the off season.

Also love how all those Revis defenders haven't said jack about his moronic comments. Just goes to prove money is the only thing on peoples minds, and becoming one of the top paid is never good enough. Hope he gets lit the hell up week in week out all year this year just to prove that contract wrong. That would be best case scenario for him.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:51 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:

I just thought it was funny. If you read the transcript of that conference, or watched the conference it was a cry for help to the media, and thats all it was. He knows he's on the way out of NE cuz the young guys are there and there are options that could replace him and his money. So he puts this out here as a cry for help in the off season.

Also love how all those Revis defenders haven't said jack about his moronic comments. Just goes to prove money is the only thing on peoples minds, and becoming one of the top paid is never good enough. Hope he gets lit the hell up week in week out all year this year just to prove that contract wrong. That would be best case scenario for him.

Moss is still one of the best wide receivers in the NFL, despite his age, and he knows the Patriots won't pay him, because of his age. Right or wrong, he knows this. Doesn't mean he shouldn't still be paid for what he's able to do on the field.

As for Revis, I don't care what they pay him, as long as he shows up to every game and makes the other team's #1 wide receiver a spectator. If he does it tomorrow against the Ravens, God bless him.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby tHe.pRoFessionaL » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Ehhh...

Both of them are divas, but that is what the NFL is full of these days - its not just these two. The "love for just the game" that you truly saw in the players of old is for the most part gone. The NFL has become much more of a business than anything else in recent years. I guess we just have to accept it, bc we all know damn well we won't stop watching anytime soon regardless ;)
tHe.pRoFessionaL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Matthias » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:38 am

bigh0rt wrote:

This.

That.

I see nothing diva-esque about Moss' comments. It's not like the press or the fans weren't going to be asking him about it and speculating on it, and probably have already. He didn't say anything derogatory about the Patriots organization, just that as a matter of fact, they were unlikely to pay him the $$ he justifiably feels that he's worth once his current contract expires. The only part of the clip that was non-business was when he said that there seemed to be some New Englanders who didn't want to see him succeed, which frankly, is probably true.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk