Re: Matthew Stafford (out for Week 2) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Re: Matthew Stafford (out for Week 2)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Matthew Stafford (out for Week 2)

Postby The Lung » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Matthew Stafford appeared to hurt his shoulder at the end of the first half against the Bears on Sunday, according to Sports Illustrated's Jim Trotter.

Our View: Stafford was sacked by Julius Peppers, fumbled on the play, and appeared to land awkwardly on his right shoulder. Afterward, he was seen without his pads and wearing a baseball camp, hinting that his day might be over. We'll let you know whether or not he comes out at the start of the second half, but it doesn't look good right now. Matthew Stafford did not return to action when the Lions took the field in the second half. He came out of the locker room with his shoulder wrapped. While the Lions are saying that his return is questionable, we do not expect Stafford to return today. Stafford's Week 2 status is unclear at this point, and we'll let you know when any new information leaks.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Matthew Stafford (shoulder injury)

Postby Goose » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:17 pm

Big disappointment that the guy couldn't make through even a half of football with all the new weapons in Detroit. The knock on Stafford was that he is injury prone and the first season + 1 game of his career appears to reinforce that. Depending on the severity of his injury, Stafford potentially could miss six games. Obviously a blow to the entire Lions offense. I don't need to be Mel Kiper to predict the Lions beef up their O-Line early in next year's draft!
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Matthew Stafford (shoulder injury)

Postby joejlitz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:43 am

Goose wrote: The knock on Stafford was that he is injury prone and the first season + 1 game of his career appears to reinforce that.

That's a bit harsh given how the injury occurred. Not too many people would NOT have gotten injured that way.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:13 pm

It did not look good, seeing him come out mummified after the half. The tests results are not all in, but speculation is that he'll miss at least a few weeks. It's entirely conceivable that the injury is more significant though. I was watching the game with a group of Olympic-level track coaches (I know. It is weird) and the Javelin guys all said "that could easily be a separated shoulder" when they saw the play. I will hope not... I don't have a Lion on any of my teams, and I am a Bears fan, but I love Michigan and think that they deserve some dignified football.

BTW, I love having one thread for everything, but most of this thread is tied to old info that's no longer in any way relevant.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:54 pm

FatFoot wrote:BTW, I love having one thread for everything, but most of this thread is tied to old info that's no longer in any way relevant.

Not a fan of this format myself. The lastest on the Paper Lion is that he has a seperated shoulder, but does not need surgery. Seeing James Andrews, a name whose mere utterance make me cringe. Stafford is probably never going to be able to stay healthy enough, this is his third injury in almost as many games (it seems) a knee, L shoulder, R shoulder. Not a good sign when your resume includes more injuries than big plays.

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/9/13/1686726/matt-stafford-shoulder-no-surgery-james-andrews

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk