How to choose which LB to start? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

How to choose which LB to start?

How to choose which LB to start?

Postby shmolex » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:25 am

New to fantasy football and my league uses IDP. I've got 3 LB, and we start 2. On any given week, am i correct in thinking that I should be starting the 2 that are playing the most run-oriented offenses as they will be getting more tackles?
shmolex
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How to choose which LB to start?

Postby shmolex » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:27 am

and conversely, I should be starting DBs that are playing more passing oriented teams?
shmolex
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby NoSpin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:47 am

Yep, that a correct philosophy. Also the overall quality of the opposing offense is important too, as they will offer up more opportunities to make plays than a poor offense that goes 3 and out repeatedly.
Who are your options this week?
Last edited by NoSpin on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Three 2009 Money Leagues.
Two 1st place, one 2nd place finish.
NoSpin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby shmolex » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:58 am

Dansby vs Min
Briggs vs Dal
Harris vs NE

I'm thinking to start Dansby against AP and Harris as the NE offense is better than Dallas.
shmolex
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby NoSpin » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:25 am

OK bud, I got my ranks for those guys for this week. These guys are all close ranks this week, but my 2cents.....

1. Dansby - If Crowder doesn't play on Sunday, Dansby pulls ahead further from Harris and Briggs. Plenty of rushing and short/intermediate passes flying around Karlos' area as Favre works on further getting his timing down with his new crew of recievers. Shank will be a frequent outlet, airing it out downfield will not be. An average opportunity for a sack. Minn was 21st last year in allowing sacks (#1 allowing the most).

2. Harris - Playing at home against their rival, and they DON'T want to start out 0-2, he'll be motivated. The Pats O ought to spend a good amount of time on the field presenting plenty of opportunities for Harris to make plays. N.E. was 3rd toughest team to sack last year though.

3. Briggs - He'll be on the road, plays alongside Urlacher to compete for plays with. Dallas has a good O and he'll be active, but see above. Dal was 18th in sacks allowed lasy year.
Three 2009 Money Leagues.
Two 1st place, one 2nd place finish.
NoSpin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Return to IDP