Ryan Grant rumored to be placed on IR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ryan Grant rumored to be placed on IR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ryan Grant rumored to be placed on IR

Postby biju » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:06 pm

This makes Brandon Jackson a hot WW pickup in all leagues.

Per Jay Glazer:

http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer/statuses/24495295270
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ryan Grant rumored to be placed on IR

Postby Guru13 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:12 pm

ah ya beat me to it. I'll go delete mine. :-C

:-B
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby biju » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:22 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:ah ya beat me to it. I'll go delete mine. :-C

:-B

:-D

So with this, obviously Brandon Jackson is *the* guy to pick up on the WW, but let's discuss some sneakier moves for the people who are on the bottom of the WW order.

James Starks: Does anyone have an update on his status? The Packers are definitely going to fill Grant's IR spot with another RB, but Starks is currently on the PUP meaning he'll be available after week 6. It might not be a bad gamble right now.

Any RB FAs that are out there and a possibility? I can't really think of anyone useful. My immediate thought was that my Hawks should offer up Julius Jones for a conditional pick as well. It's time to get out of that garbage now and he's a one-year cheapie.

thoughts?
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Green Bay is gonna need another back. The B-Jax/John Kuhn show is not a legitimate NFL backfield. Not knocking either guy, but there has got to be a third contributor over a 16 game NFL season. Green Bay should really be on the phone to Dallas about Tashard Choice, Buffalo about Marshawn Lynch, and Baltimore about Willis McGahee even.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a deal here, but yeah... Brandon Jackson is immediately a top 25 guy.

On another note, with this news, I have lost any chance of successfully claiming B-Jax in any of my leagues. Too bad they couldn't Belichick this situation for at least a couple more days.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:29 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:Green Bay is gonna need another back. The B-Jax/John Kuhn show is not a legitimate NFL backfield. Not knocking either guy, but there has got to be a third contributor over a 16 game NFL season. Green Bay should really be on the phone to Dallas about Tashard Choice, Buffalo about Marshawn Lynch, and Baltimore about Willis McGahee even.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a deal here, but yeah... Brandon Jackson is immediately a top 25 guy.

I kind of forgot about Marshawn Lynch. If Spiller had lit it up this weekend I think this would be a done deal. But given how Fred Jackson still isn't healthy and Spiller went 7 carries for 6 yards, I'm not sure Buffalo would move him.

One thing is for certain, dynasty owners of Grant might need to worry a little. I've read that they might go a different direction in 2011 due to this.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:32 pm

biju wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:Green Bay is gonna need another back. The B-Jax/John Kuhn show is not a legitimate NFL backfield. Not knocking either guy, but there has got to be a third contributor over a 16 game NFL season. Green Bay should really be on the phone to Dallas about Tashard Choice, Buffalo about Marshawn Lynch, and Baltimore about Willis McGahee even.

I kind of forgot about Marshawn Lynch. If Spiller had lit it up this weekend I think this would be a done deal. But given how Fred Jackson still isn't healthy and Spiller went 7 carries for 6 yards, I'm not sure Buffalo would move him.

One thing is for certain, dynasty owners of Grant might need to worry a little. I've read that they might go a different direction in 2011 due to this.

I doubt if they're worried about Spiller after just one disappointing week and that backfield was already crowded with Fred Jackson in there as well. Whether or not Green Bay makes a trade, there will be another tailback in this equation. No way they go with a RBBC comprised of one tailback and one fullback.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby biju » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:41 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:I doubt if they're worried about Spiller after just one disappointing week and that backfield was already crowded with Fred Jackson in there as well. Whether or not Green Bay makes a trade, there will be another tailback in this equation. No way they go with a RBBC comprised of one tailback and one fullback.

I didn't mean to insinuate that they are worried about Spiller's potential, but rather the depth and experience with a rookie and an injured, aging RB backing him up.

I agree with you that they can't expect to keep playing with Jackson and Kuhn only and they'll need to pick somebody up, but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't just grabbing depth and that Jackson and Kuhn won't continue until proven to be unfit.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby biju » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Per Rotoworld the likely sign is Dimitri Nance from the Falcons practice squad. Talk about a reach...

:-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:47 pm

biju wrote:Per Rotoworld the likely sign is Dimitri Nance from the Falcons practice squad. Talk about a reach...

:-o

Yeah, well they had to do something for depth at least. I would say that this does not preclude a possible trade in the near future. I'm still on Marshawn Lynch/Tashard Choice watch.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:53 pm

I'm going to be taking a flier on Lynch with my fingers crossed here. Jackson is obviously the one to target but I don't mind taking the risk. I don't see Dallas dealing Choice though.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Next

Return to Football Talk