Maroney traded to Denver - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Maroney traded to Denver

Moderator: Football Moderators

Laurence Maroney

Postby bungle613 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:35 am

per rotoworld

Laurence Maroney did not play a single snap Thursday night for the second straight preseason game.

We have no idea what's going on with this situation, and scribes following the team have no explanation to offer up. The rest of the Patriots' first-team played into the fourth quarter, so it seems unlikely that Maroney is being "saved" for the regular season. Sammy Morris started the game, rushing five times for 12 yards. BenJarvus Green-Ellis finished up in the second half with 13 yards on five carries.

Does not look good for the first New England RB coming off the board. It is a lousy situation to begin with but Sammy, Fred and maybe even BGE look to be ahead of him.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Laurence Maroney demoted?

Postby JoshKnows46 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:02 pm

should we target any ne rb's on waivers? fred taylor maybe
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Re: Laurence Maroney demoted + inactive week 1

Postby bungle613 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:58 am

per rotoworld

Laurence Maroney (groin) and Julian Edelman (foot) are inactive for the Patriots' Week 1 game against the Bengals.

Both players were limited in practice all week. Edelman is likely one more week from returning. Wes Welker will start, and Brandon Tate will play in three-receiver sets. Maroney may have been inactive even if he was fully healthy. His role remains uncertain. Other Pats inactives: WR Taylor Price, CB Terrence Wheatley, OL Nick Kaczer, LB Dane Fletcher, OT Steve Maneri, and DL Brandon Deaderick.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Maroney traded to Denver

Postby ridetheseal » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Live fast, die young & don't leave a trail...
ridetheseal
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Maroney traded to Denver

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Is any injured RB safe from the Broncos? :-b
Hate this deal as a Knoshon Moreno owner. Was hoping KnoMo could get healthier and get an overwhelming amount of work. Another stiff in the backfield is anther FFB parasite.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby YerInUrine » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:36 pm

moochman wrote:Is any injured RB safe from the Broncos? :-b
Hate this deal as a Knoshon Moreno owner. Was hoping KnoMo could get healthier and get an overwhelming amount of work. Another stiff in the backfield is anther FFB parasite.

It gets worse:

The Denver Post wrote:Moreno and Maroney may eventually share snaps

The Denver Post speculates that Knowshon Moreno and Laurence Maroney could rotate at halfback starting in a week or two.
Our View: We still like Moreno a whole lot more than Maroney, though the team's acquisition of Maroney does put at least a bit of a damper on Moreno's fantasy value. Maroney doesn't figure to see much work in Week 2, so Moreno will have to go out and prove that he still deserves to be the feature back. Correll Buckhalter's role figures to be greatly reduced.

ARG
YerInUrine
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Smoakland Hammer » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:38 pm

Personally I'm psyched! I dont have Moreno but I hate the use of Laurence in NE! Once he's healthy he's gonna go off hard in that DEN scheme! ;-D
Smoakland Hammer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Football Talk