ADP, Mathews, Foster - can only start 2, WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

ADP, Mathews, Foster - can only start 2, WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

ADP, Mathews, Foster - can only start 2, WHIR

Postby BearsFan65 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:36 am

Good problem to have, I guess, but here we go: PPR scoring, start 2RB's, no flex. My RB's:

AP v. Miami
Mathews v JAX
Foster @ WASH

I'm actually considering benching AP. Angry SD team against a below-average defense sounds like a big mismatch to me, so I see plenty of touches for Mathews all game long either building the lead or protecting it. Viking offense is a mess and Miami isn't bad defensively, but I figure AP gets 30 touches after Childress somehow forgot he was on the team in the 4th qtr last week. And Foster....how do you sit him down after that performance? I figure Houston passes a lot more than they did against the Colts, but he still gets the goal line work and maybe 15-18 carries, right?

I could probably pull two names out of a hat and still be ok, but what do I do here? Problem might be solved if I get a big enough offer on Foster, but not counting on that just yet. WHIR, thanks!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: ADP, Mathews, Foster - can only start 2, WHIR

Postby ICanGoAllTheWay » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:10 am

This is one of the tougher decisions I've seen on this board. I think all 3 will have good games, so you can't go wrong with your choices. Personally, I'd say definitely start AP. Minnesota is gonna bounce back big at home against Miami. No way Minnesota is gonna start off the season with 2 duds for games. I also like Matthews over Foster. Matthews is at home against a weak Jaguars defense. Washington showed last week that they got a tough defense at home. I wouldn't expect Foster to be putting up big numbers again. The scouting report is out on foster, he ain't getting another 200 yard game, maybe not even for the rest of the season.

Can you help me out with mine?

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=473711
ICanGoAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby archie814 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Thanks for the help with mine.

In this I think you've got to sit Foster. It's crazy after last week, but HOU will not run as much, and WASH Def was pretty good against the Cowboys. This is one of those picks that is such a huge tossup, but like you said, it's a good problem to have.
archie814
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby footballfan30107 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:33 pm

I'm kinda in agreement that the word is out on Foster and another big game is highly, highly unlikely. Houston does have receivers, ya know.

That said, personally, I'd sit Mathews between the 3. This is fantasy and he didn't have what you'd call a good game (fantasy-wise)

That said, put the names in a hat and pull 2, kinda like what I'm gonna do.
I'm a Patriot Guard Rider and dang proud to be one

"Standing for those who stood for us"..www.patriotguard.org for info

God Bless our troops
footballfan30107
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dolfan19 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:47 pm

heh, another good problem... well i don't think you can ever justify benching AP as good as he is. so i would have to narrow it down to mathews and foster. I agree with your analysis of mathews vs. the jags. I think hes set for a good game there. Last week, the Texans ran the ball as much as they possibly could to eat up clock and keep peyton manning off the field. Since the skins don't have as good an offense as the colts, the texans should be back to their old passing self (shaub led the league in passing last year) with fewer runs. also agreed that washington D is looking much better than jags D. That being said, I would say to start Mathews and bench Foster. I don't think he will be offended... :-b
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby Chuong9 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:11 pm

I would go with A. Peterson and A. Foster. I would never sit A. Peterson regardless of match up. I believe Minnesota will definitely incorporate him into the offense more this week. Although A. Foster will probably not repeat his week 1 performance, I would still play him as your second RB. Washington has a pretty solid defense, but their run defense is still susceptible.

viewtopic.php?t=473797
Chuong9
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gocards » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Thanks for the help on mine. I would go with AP and Matthews.

You can't bench a healthy AP in week 2 no matter the match-up, IMO. Also as other have said the 'Skins D is going to be much better than the Colts were and I don't think Foster will get 33 carries again this week, much less do that well with the ones he does get.
gocards
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby intrigued » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:05 pm

I have to agree with some previous posters, I just can't see benching AP especially where Miami D is so suspect and he has to be a little ticked off about being forgotten last week. Also current news is that Channing Crowder is questionable but could end up on IR, which is a HUGE benefit for AP.

I think I like Mathews over Foster. Foster isn't at all likely to have a replay of last week, especially since WAS D is far superior against the run than the Colts (even with Haynesworth potentially limited). Jags are not as strong inside and Mathews can easily be a receiving threat as well.
Lineup (starters in Bold)
QB - RG3, Romo
RB - McCoy, MJD,AP, MJD
WR - Nelson, Austin, T.Smith, Wallace
TE - Graham, Bennett
DST - Lions
K - Tucker
intrigued
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 16FAC » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:28 am

Start your stud and sit the rookie.
I've got Mathews but I think you sit him and run with the hot hand. No way they don't give the ball to Foster often. Wouldn't you? I don't care if it is Was.

Houston we have a running back!

Mathews needs a little refinement and stick um but he'll be fine once he settles.

Thanks for mine btw!
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby kcspaz14 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:48 am

Foster is out now. Should help your decision :)
kcspaz14
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench