Android Fantasy Football Apps - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Android Fantasy Football Apps

Moderator: Football Moderators

Android Fantasy Football Apps

Postby GlocesterGiant » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Does anyone know of any good fantasy football apps for android phones?

There is the yahoo app which is OK but I have leagues in ESPN and CBS and they don't have anything good. ESPN has one but it is 5 bucks. I just got a new app called Fantasy Football On the Go which is pretty good when you can't follow the games at home and that is only .99 cents. It gives you stats for any player you like. But I wanted to get people's feedback on any good apps that they use for fantasy football. Thanks.
GlocesterGiant
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Android Fantasy Football Apps

Postby BBBallers » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:58 pm

Bump I'd like to know too!!
BBBallers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby GlocesterGiant » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:29 pm

FYI I have two but there are some other non free ones I am interested in but would like soem feedback. The yahoo one is OK and will do if you are in a pinch. But if you use other services you are out of luck. The Fantasy Football On the Go is pretty good and I would recommend it. You just add players you are interested in then it gives you update on all of the players. I was at a family party on sunday and with little kids there was no football on. So i didn't want to be rude and sit down in front of a computer and check but this app let me quiclkly keep tabs on my players. So at 2pm on sunday i was happy to find out about arian foster's performance. It does not telll keep track of your matchups though which is the one down side to it, so you don't know exactly how you are doing. But if you are out on a sunday and need a quick check it is a great way to just see how your players are doing. I was tempted to get the ESPN app but 5 bucks I feel is a bit steep. I think the on the go app has a little more value but I could be wrong since I am in a CBS league as well. Maybe some people who have the ESPN app can chime in.
GlocesterGiant
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:59 pm

Go to the app store. Thats all I do on the Iphone.

Thought the droid was supposed to do more and be easier to use.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby GlocesterGiant » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:11 pm

I know how to download apps. They have a marketplace just like the iphone and some of the apps are free and some are paid. I was just wondering if people have used any of the paid apps and what their experience with them is before I bought them. Or if they had any recommendations. I coudl just download a bunch and see but just wanted to get feedback.
GlocesterGiant
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cameron10483 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:13 pm

just use the browser. it has adobe flash.
Standard Scoring, 8 Team $ League, Start...QB,QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,FLEX X3,TE,K,DEF.
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-
Cameron10483
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 2ksports » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:27 pm

Mods: please delete if this is not appropriate to post about.

I built an app that gives all the breaking news and streaming live real-time conversation of significant on-the-field events. It's light weight and blazing fast, and works great on Android (and every other mobile web platform). It's faster than rotoworld b/c it doesn't require you to manually refresh a browser, info just keeps flowing in.

Right now features include:
- Live streaming threaded conversation of everything important happening on Sunday, like injuries, surprising performances, etc. (it's instant and fast)
- analysis of every item on the live stream
- ability to comment

In week 3, we are releasing:
- your yahoo league stats
- live stream of your yahoo team's scoring vs your opponent

I'm not allowed to link anything on here but you can PM me if you're interested. It gets really crazy on Sundays and MNF.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Fantasy Football Guru is free and pretty decent. It can't hurt downloading it and giving it a shot. The biggest issue I have with it is it has an update on average of 3 times a week. A bit annoying, but not THAT big of a deal.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Football Talk