League Waiver Dispute - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

League Waiver Dispute

Moderator: Football Moderators

League Waiver Dispute

Postby BWill37 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:55 pm

In our league we have a $100 dollar free agent acquisition budget. On Tuesday nights our waivers go through at 11 p.m. and the players go to the highest bidder. Well last night our comissioner forgot to change the waiver time from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. so the waivers ran at 6 p.m. I added Brandon Jackson (Grant's injury) for $36 dollars. Our commisioner has dropped every waiver pick up because of the waivers running at 6 p.m. instead of 11 p.m., which is his fault for not changing it. 10 of our 12 teams put in bids below $36 dollars for Jackson. As for the two remaining owners, one said he doesn't know what he would have bid, the other guy normally doesn't pay attention all year. The commisioner says we are going to re-bid for the players on Thursday, here is my problem though. Everybody can get on a see how much my bid for Jackson was on the front page, therefore if we rebid I will now have to spend even more money to get him again (if I am lucky). The commisioner is justifying his decision to re-do the waivers by saying he was going to change his bid to higher than $36 later in the night (he coincidentally bid $36 too, but the tie went to me because I lost last week and he won, and tie goes to the worse record). I really don't like his reasoning because for all he knows me or anybody else could have raised their bid amount for Jackson. Anyways, I know this was long, but I need unbiased opinions on this. I am also going to set a link to this thread on my league's front page. Thanks.
BWill37
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Waiver Dispute

Postby B-Chad » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Your getting hosed dude. Shame on the commissioner for setting the deadline for the incorrect time, but my guess, is if people checked the league settings page they'd have been able to see when the waivers would be processed. Even more damaging to the commissioners case is that he himself missing out on Jackson, "because he'd have put a higher bid in," is absolute non-sense reasoning for re-doing the waivers process and bidding. Sounds like the commish is upset they missed the boat on getting a starting RB after week 1 off the waiver wire and is willing to cater to themself.
B-Chad
Water Boy
Water Boy

Editor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fishingmn » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Couple thoughts -

- do your rules allow league vote? Our league requires a 2/3 vote - ask that they certify you the winner
- Ask the commish to recuse himself for bidding on him since he screwed the pooch on it.
24 year fantasy football veteran & former writer for www.footballguys.com
fishingmn
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 42)

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:08 pm

This is the commissioners fault. Bjackson should be yours. If he was the commish of my league I'd punch him square in the face.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:57 pm

If it is a league of friends I would get some allies on your side to vote on it. This is totally unfair. If it is a league you don't really care about all that much if you drop I would consider getting out. Especially if you don't get Jackson.

If you really want to get back at him Drop all your players and leave it to the commissoner to sort out.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:22 pm

This is pretty bush league. That's his fault for "forgetting" to change his bid. If I "forget" to make a lineup change before Sunday, I shouldn't get to change my lineup after the games are played. The commish of all people should be more nobler then that. I hope this isn't a friends league, because I would never play in this league again.
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:22 pm

I have a similar Brandon Jackson issue so I may as well chime in here. You followed the rules which he screwed up. You paid attention. Other owners were able to see or should have seen the time change. Commissioner is wrong.

In my case, the commissioner decided that emails with my picks I had sent after our add/drop software would not work were legal. Grant's owner is complaining because he could not draft Jackson and did not send emails.

Good luck. If the league absolutely insists on a redraft, try to get something out of it. Maybe an extra $10-$20 or something like that.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:15 am

I run a couple of leagues and we had an issue with our scoring setup when we first moved to ESPN. the bonuses for big games weren't filled in properly but nobody noticed until AFTER the season already started. Since the season had started...we didn't change it because you can't ethically change HOW the league works once the season starts.

In your example...I'd leave the waivers as is for this week and change the waiver deadline until 11 PM starting next week.
BALCO All-Stars
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:59 am

i think he should put it to a league vote
seems 10/12 owners had bids in and the other 2 dont seem to care...the commish raising the biggest stink about it is a little shady especially since it's his fault for setting it up wrong
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Holein1 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:03 am

I think it is bull shit and the commish should suck it up and quit acting like a little girl. Tell your commish you were also going to change it between 6 and 11 for more too!
Holein1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner