League Waiver Dispute - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

League Waiver Dispute

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: League Waiver Dispute

Postby HotHandz305 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:06 am

I'd suggest punching him in the face if he doesn't honor the original waiver. But thats just my suggestion..
Week 13 Roster
QB Tony Romo
WR1 Greg Jennings
WR2 Vincent Jax
RB1 Arian Foster
RB2 LeSean McCoy
TE Vernon Davis
Flex (W/R/T) Willis McGahee
K Billy Cundiff
DST GB
IDP Patrick Willis
BEN Roy Helu
BEN Fred Davis
BEN Stevie Johnson
BEN Pitt D/ST
HotHandz305
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bucky » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:58 am

In my opinion, you beat the other 8 owners who bid and they should not be able to rebid. The two that did not bid both have a beef and I think the three of you should rebid. While it's not fair to you that you might have to pay more, it's possible you wouldn't have gotten Jackson for $36 had the deadline been at the correct time.
Bucky
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:33 am

This is one of those situations where there is no perfect solution... BUT the best solution is to just roll with the waivers, as processed, at 6 PM. I agree with the above poster that none of the teams who placed bids even have a beef with not getting Jackson. They bid what they did, and you bid more. End of story. The commissioner, most of all, should be entirely excluded from the B-Jax sweepstakes. It was his fault in the first place and he should man up and suffer the consequences. I'll be interested to hear how this turns out.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Hippo45 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Bucky wrote:In my opinion, you beat the other 8 owners who bid and they should not be able to rebid. The two that did not bid both have a beef and I think the three of you should rebid. While it's not fair to you that you might have to pay more, it's possible you wouldn't have gotten Jackson for $36 had the deadline been at the correct time.

I agree with this suggestion. Only allow you and the two owners that did not bid to bid again. However, does 5 hours really change a whole lot. The news about Grant's injury has been known for two days now. So why didn't these owners bid on him earlier if they wanted him. So if those two owners didn't even want him, then you should get Jackson.
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:07 pm

That's the thing. It's called blind bidding for a reason. The other two owners allege that they would have bid, but it's easy to say so after the fact. Now that they know your bid amount they have an unfair advantage in the bidding, relative to what would have happened before. I think the waivers should stand as they were processed. It's the most fair solution though admittedly not perfectly fair.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby spodog » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:51 am

League votes on this type of stuff blow. that is 3rd option.

1st option is to get several owners to try and convince the commish to do the right thing and award Jackson to you.

2nd option, since you both bid the same amount is to charge you both $36, then have a 2nd round of bidding (silent) between just you and commish facilitated by a 3rd party where you both have to bid some amount of INCREMENTAL dollars that you are willing to put out to get Jackson (in addition to the $36). Whoever is higher out of this 2nd round of bidding then gets him
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby trevizzle » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:52 pm

you're pretty much getting [mod edit] at this point. it's the commisher's fault that the waiver wasn't changed, and you were smart enough to be on top of your acqusation. i would complain about this.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=475895
trevizzle

The Golden Boy!!
trevizzle
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MPappadato » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:29 pm

how'd this one work out? Who is the proud bjax owner?
MPappadato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner