Opinions on Dispute - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Opinions on Dispute

Moderator: Football Moderators

Opinions on Dispute

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi guys, another FF year upon us. Hooray!

I could use some opinions.

In one of my leagues [12 team partial keeper, partial PPR, weird scoring, weird owners] the online draft was somehow left running after it was completed. After week 1, several of us attempted to add/drop players. The CBS software would not let us do so because of the still open draft. I had 3 players targeted, Vick [Kolb injury with Roethlisberger as my back up], Brandon Jackson [could use RB help in that league, watched the Packer game and was following the Grant situation] and Mark Clayton [16 targets!]. After I realized the software would not work, I emailed our commissioner and told him about the problem with the open draft and told him who I wanted to pick up. At the time, I had no idea if everyone had the same add/drop problem or if it was just my system. I also sent an email to the league telling them the system was down and my picks.

The commissioner fixed the problem and I drafted my players.

Tuesday evening there was a post from the owner who had Ryan Grant. He is saying he picked Jackson at exactly the 8 A.M. add/drop start time and wants me to give up Jackson to him or at least put him back in the free agent pool and give everyone who wanted him a chance to pick him at an agreed on time. I told him if he noticed the problem before I did [open to interpretation] he should have notified the commissioner immediately and given him his pick[s]. I said if the software doesn't work, you have to go to back up measures such as emailing the commissioner. League chaos has resulted. Opinions?
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Opinions on Dispute

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:25 pm

I forgot to mention, our commissioner sent a post to the league stating the problem with add/drops and that the owner[s]' emails would take precedence for picks. I was first [only?] owner to send emails.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:37 pm

The commish should reset all rosters immediately to the way they were heading into Week 1. All picked up players should go back into the waiver pool, and the waiver wire reset (if possible) so that everyone gets a day or two to put in their waiver selections again. If this is not possible, rosters should be locked until after Week 2. Sucks, but with a system glitch, you have to make it fair. Drop/adds should not be allowed via email when you are using an online scoring system.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:54 am

if he posted the issue for the entire league to see with ample time for them to react then i'm OK with the way he handled it
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks guys. Ryan Grant owner decided to let the issue drop. Another owner is pushing for changing the free agent pick up time [no waivers in this league] to Wed. 8 PM. He also included a reference to peanut butter and parts of my anatomy.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Commissioner's Corner