Top 5 RBs (I know it's early) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 5 RBs (I know it's early)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Top 5 RBs (I know it's early)

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:37 pm

Saw this on the rotoworld forums and thought it would be interesting to see how much people's perceptions of players change once you get to see them a week in. I thought it was pretty interesting to see Charles on most of the top 5 lists for people, would be pretty good since I have him heh.

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Chris Johnson
3. SJax
4. Arian Foster
5. MJD

I think Charles makes it into the top 5 if he is given the opportunity but most likely will be a borderline top 10 back.
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 5 RBs (I know it's early)

Postby Mr.Joshua » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:41 am

I dont see the Foster pick holding up, could end up top 10 but that is a passing team, just ended up with the perfect match-up in week 1.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby abrunn11 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:57 pm

sadlyajetsfan wrote:Saw this on the rotoworld forums and thought it would be interesting to see how much people's perceptions of players change once you get to see them a week in. I thought it was pretty interesting to see Charles on most of the top 5 lists for people, would be pretty good since I have him heh.

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Chris Johnson
3. SJax
4. Arian Foster
5. MJD

I think Charles makes it into the top 5 if he is given the opportunity but most likely will be a borderline top 10 back.

This is utterly absurd. Any list that has SJax and Foster above MJD needs to be disregarded. Foster has 488 CAREER rushing yards and SJax has scored double-digit TD's in a season exactly ONCE. MJD has scored at least 14 TD's in 3 of the past 4 seasons.
abrunn11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SniperShot » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:16 pm

I'm gonna laugh when Foster has like 3 or 4 weeks in a row of 50 or less rushing yards.

He's a good back but what happened last week is definitely not something to expect every week. Maybe he'll be top 10 or top 15, I'd be shocked if he finishes in the top 5 ahead of guys like MJD.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Hippo45 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:10 pm

You guys crazy if you think MJD will be a top 5 back. He has injury written all over him. There is no way he holds up the whole season.
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:30 am

abrunn11 wrote:
This is utterly absurd. Any list that has SJax and Foster above MJD needs to be disregarded. Foster has 488 CAREER rushing yards and SJax has scored double-digit TD's in a season exactly ONCE. MJD has scored at least 14 TD's in 3 of the past 4 seasons.

Then disregard it, don't know what to tell you. Didn't see you put anything out there. I agree with the other person, I can easily see MJD going down and that's why I put him at the tail end of top 5. Foster is in an offense that he can thrive in and week one he did well, can't just put that all on a bad defense. SJax has the potential to be a top 5 back. Don't see what is so absurd about that list. Besides what's the fun in putting out a 1. Chris Johnson 2. Adrian Peterson 3. Ray Rice 4. MJD 5. Frank Gore list.
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby justinj312 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:32 am

M Vick on pace for 1600 yds... Just kidding.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby abrunn11 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:32 am

sadlyajetsfan wrote:
abrunn11 wrote:

Then disregard it, don't know what to tell you. Didn't see you put anything out there. I agree with the other person, I can easily see MJD going down and that's why I put him at the tail end of top 5. Foster is in an offense that he can thrive in and week one he did well, can't just put that all on a bad defense. SJax has the potential to be a top 5 back. Don't see what is so absurd about that list. Besides what's the fun in putting out a 1. Chris Johnson 2. Adrian Peterson 3. Ray Rice 4. MJD 5. Frank Gore list.

Dude, you did not say it was "your" list, rather something you got off rotoworld. Did not mean to ruffle any feathers. Also, SJax being ahead of MJD for durability reasons is laughable.
abrunn11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:07 pm

abrunn11 wrote:
Dude, you did not say it was "your" list, rather something you got off rotoworld. Did not mean to ruffle any feathers. Also, SJax being ahead of MJD for durability reasons is laughable.

There was a thread on the same topic so I decided to make the same thread here. The actual list is mine though.
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby abrunn11 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:19 pm

sadlyajetsfan wrote:
abrunn11 wrote:

There was a thread on the same topic so I decided to make the same thread here. The actual list is mine though.

If I would have known it was your list I would not have posted that. I am not here to flame people.
abrunn11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to Football Talk