Top 5 RBs (I know it's early) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 5 RBs (I know it's early)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Top 5 RBs (I know it's early)

Postby LMack » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:27 pm

I've made my Foster related posts across several boards, and although Week 1 has people mocking my arguments, I'm sticking to it.

Foster will not be a top 10 running back. The Texans will be a pass-first offense and Gary Kubiak's volatility will find a way to ruin Foster's value.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tHe.pRoFessionaL » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:52 pm

I just love watching people hate Foster for no reason other than they were to cautious to take a chance on drafting him. I haven't seen one post anywhere on this forum where someone has said he will repeat week 1, yet almost every person who is against Foster claims "He will not have week 1 every week!!!". Will he have weeks where he has just 50 yds rushing with no TDs? Yup, every RB does. Foster will easily make top 10 by the end of the year.

My predictions:

1: CJ2k4
2: ADP (if Childress grows a brain)
3: Gore
4: Foster
5: Rice
tHe.pRoFessionaL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby abrunn11 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:15 pm

tHe.pRoFessionaL wrote:I just love watching people hate Foster for no reason other than they were to cautious to take a chance on drafting him. I haven't seen one post anywhere on this forum where someone has said he will repeat week 1, yet almost every person who is against Foster claims "He will not have week 1 every week!!!". Will he have weeks where he has just 50 yds rushing with no TDs? Yup, every RB does. Foster will easily make top 10 by the end of the year.

My predictions:

1: CJ2k4
2: ADP (if Childress grows a brain)
3: Gore
4: Foster
5: Rice

Not as much as I love seeing people hate on MJD, a guy who has actually proven something the past 4 years.
abrunn11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:17 pm

I don't understand all the Foster hate either. He's in a highly explosive offense where defenses are worried about the pass first not the run. I will never get the arguments people use about him not being proven or only playing x amount of games or having x amount of yards or TDs in his career. None of that stuff matters. He's in a perfect storm THIS YEAR. The "pass first offense" isn't an be all end all either. Guys have been very successful in pass oriented offenses before. New Orleans offense traditionally scores around 20 rushing TDs per year, which is very high. They are pass oriented but very explosive. Foster will have plenty of chances to score TDs, which will boost his fantasy stats. I just don't see where many other guys are in much better position to outscore him.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby abrunn11 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:24 pm

Azrael wrote:I don't understand all the Foster hate either. He's in a highly explosive offense where defenses are worried about the pass first not the run. I will never get the arguments people use about him not being proven or only playing x amount of games or having x amount of yards or TDs in his career. None of that stuff matters. He's in a perfect storm THIS YEAR. The "pass first offense" isn't an be all end all either. Guys have been very successful in pass oriented offenses before. New Orleans offense traditionally scores around 20 rushing TDs per year, which is very high. They are pass oriented but very explosive. Foster will have plenty of chances to score TDs, which will boost his fantasy stats. I just don't see where many other guys are in much better position to outscore him.

It has nothing to do with Foster not being successful, it has to do with people overvalueing him and putting him as the 3rd best RB in the NFL after one game. I have no problem with people being high on Foster, but to put him above MJD is ridiculous. I will wager ANY amount of money that MJD gets more fantasy points than Foster this year.
abrunn11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker

Postby shawngee03 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:55 pm

i just traded foster for MJD after today's games. lets hope it works out

i think you have to put Best top 7 at least. should be top 5 if he continues breaking big plays.

a bunch of ho-hum points from some 1st/2nd rounders today
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Hippo45 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:07 pm

abrunn11 wrote:It has nothing to do with Foster not being successful, it has to do with people overvalueing him and putting him as the 3rd best RB in the NFL after one game. I have no problem with people being high on Foster, but to put him above MJD is ridiculous. I will wager ANY amount of money that MJD gets more fantasy points than Foster this year.

I don't understand why people are high on MJD. Yes, he was good the last few years, but we are playing in 2010 not 2009, not 2008. He is on a crappy team that gets behind early and is injured. How can any MJD owner be happy after this game? Jennings had more rushing yards on 3 fewer carries. It was nearly a 50-50 split between MJD and Jennings. You honestly think a running back in a timeshare has top 5 potential?
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby abrunn11 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Hippo45 wrote:
abrunn11 wrote:It has nothing to do with Foster not being successful, it has to do with people overvalueing him and putting him as the 3rd best RB in the NFL after one game. I have no problem with people being high on Foster, but to put him above MJD is ridiculous. I will wager ANY amount of money that MJD gets more fantasy points than Foster this year.

I don't understand why people are high on MJD. Yes, he was good the last few years, but we are playing in 2010 not 2009, not 2008. He is on a crappy team that gets behind early and is injured. How can any MJD owner be happy after this game? Jennings had more rushing yards on 3 fewer carries. It was nearly a 50-50 split between MJD and Jennings. You honestly think a running back in a timeshare has top 5 potential?

He is on a crappy team that gets behind early, like Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, Steven Jackson, etc.? MJD owners are not happy, but EVERY runningback has those games. He had a couple games like that last year and still finished with nearly 1400 rushing yards and 16 TD's. Do you honestly think that he is going to split carries with Jennings? If so, then it does not make any sense to argue any kind of rational point with you. Would you really trade MJD for Foster straight up?
abrunn11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker

Postby Azrael » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:30 pm

I don't know if I'd trade MJD for Foster straight up but Foster's outscored him each of the first 2 weeks, just saying. Now Dallas, who just got murdered through the air, is going to Houston, a team who's QB just threw for 500. What do you think they are going to try to stop? Foster all day me thinks.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby tHe.pRoFessionaL » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:47 pm

I wouldn't trade straight up bc I could get more in the trade than just straight. Do I think Foster will outscore MJD at the end of the year? Yeh.

Yesterday was actually very encouraging for Foster owners. Redskins over-played the run trying to stop Foster and then the game turned into a shootout, yet Foster still ended up with 140 total yards because of his involvement in the passing game.
tHe.pRoFessionaL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk