Rookies for next year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rookies for next year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rookies for next year

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:12 pm

Which rookies for next year, college players now, will make the biggest fantasy impact next year? I know it depends alot on which team they end up with, but who could you see yourself drafting in next year's fantasy draft? Eli Manning and Chris Perry come to mind for me.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MrFFootball » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:21 pm

Roy Williams, Larry Fitz if he goes out this year...Clayton for OU, I dont think any QB's or RB's will have a big impact next year...theres not one worthy of starting in the NFL yet...
MrFFootball

Friendliness: %

Postby deftdelivery » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:39 pm

Mike Williams (if he comes out), Rashaun Woods, Larry Fitzg, Roy Williams, Eli Manning
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:53 pm

Yeah, Rashaun Woods and Roy Williams will make impacts as well. Those are the only two senior WR's that I can think of though.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby tjhksig » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:59 pm

I think it will be another huge WR class, with a couple of decent QB's and RB's mixed in.

WR's:

Larry Fitzgerald
Mark Clayton
Roy Williams
Reggie Williams
Mike Williams (damn, that many Willams'??)\
Lee Evans?
RaShaun Woods

QB's:

Manning, depending on who drafts him (I'm betting Oakland or Arizona).
Roethschlinger

RB's (depending on what team):

Kevin Jones
Chris Perry
Greg Jones
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:40 am

So much depends on who drafts these players, and if indeed they come out, but I'd target Fitzgerald obviously. WR rooks have been increasing their production in recent years - after the top 12 or so WR's are gone, grab Larry as a #2 or #3 and it might pay off.

I like Perry so far as the RB if he comes out. Clarett can't be ignored. there might be a legal issue of both Clarett and Fitzgerald coming out I think.

I really haven't thought too much, but Fitz is obviously the WR stud, and Perry was solid in a big game today.

If Perry becomes pimped as the next rookie RB to have, then I pass on him. Too many 'top' rookie RB's are not the rookie RB who excels. Onterrio Smith this year proves the rule. Willie Green/DeShaun Foster (Clinton Portis), Curtis Enis (Fred Taylor), Ricky William (Edgerrin james) are just a few examples of the higher touted RB's faltering while a lesser pimped back excelled. Don't burn the early pick on the rookie RB everyone is in love with. Fitz might be worth a 6th rounder. I think I can get better, proven players before that. Rookies make an increasing impact, but don't tie your fantasy hopes to their bandwagons.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:22 am

Fitzgerald is a true sophomore. He has one year to go to be eligible.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:25 am

Even if fitzgerald is somehow allowed to leave early, I think that guys like Roy Williams, Rashaud Woods, and Mike Williams would have a bigger immediate impact in the NFL.

Fitz is a great college WR, but those other guys all have that tall, big build that has "red zone target" written all over it. Not to mention that fitz is a sophomore and thus very young, while Roy Williams and Rashaud Woods are seniors.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:07 am

I like Roy Williams, Rashaud Woods, And Mike Williams. Did you see his highlight on Sportscenter? He just outmusceled the corner for the ball.

QB: Eli Manning, How about that NC State QB?

WR: Roy Williams, Rashaud Woods, Mike Williams

RB: Kevin Jones, Chris Perry, How about M. Barber? I think he might be a redshirt soph. That makes him eligible, right?

How about Kellen Winslow or Ben Utecht?
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:32 pm

Go Vikes wrote:
RB: Kevin Jones, Chris Perry, How about M. Barber? I think he might be a redshirt soph. That makes him eligible, right?

I'm 95% sure he is a redshirt soph, IE he is eligible. In addition to the guys listed so far, I'd like to add Cadillac Williams out of Auburn.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk