Hakeem Nicks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hakeem Nicks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hakeem Nicks

Postby HomerJay » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:56 am

After last weeks monster game I would love to plug him in again...

Roto:

Coach Tom Coughlin remains unsure of Hakeem Nicks' (ankle) status for this week's game after the receiver started but couldn't finish Thursday's practice.

"We're hoping," Coughlins said of Nicks availability this week. "I really was hoping he'd get to do something today but that wasn't the case. It's hard to play well without practice." We won't have a good idea on Nicks' status until after Friday's practice report. This could come down to a game-time decision. Sep. 16 - 3:23 pm et
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Hakeem Nicks

Postby Flyn high again » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Nicks is "Questionable" for Sunday Night's game. Those of you who have him, check your rosters to find out what time your sub[s] need to be put in the line up if Nicks doesn't play. I have to make a decision before the 2nd games. Ideally, of course, you have MNF players and can wait until game time Sunday night.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby HomerJay » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:55 pm

Flyn high again wrote:Nicks is "Questionable" for Sunday Night's game. Those of you who have him, check your rosters to find out what time your sub[s] need to be put in the line up if Nicks doesn't play. I have to make a decision before the 2nd games. Ideally, of course, you have MNF players and can wait until game time Sunday night.

yep...Sunday night games make this tough

Hakeem Nicks (ankle) was limited in his return to Giants practice Friday, and is listed as questionable for Week 2.

He'll be a full-blown game-time decision. Since the Giants-Colts game doesn't take place until Sunday night, Nicks owners will want to rely on him only if they have Mario Manningham in reserve. Manningham would start at split end if Nicks were unable to play. Coming off a three-touchdown Week 1 effort, Nicks will be a must-start WR2 if he's available for the game. Sep. 17 - 1:17 pm et
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby mason4208 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:59 pm

I'd love to insert Nick, just goota wait till sunday nite and check the I report. Luckily I was able to snag Devery off Waivers incase Nicks is a no-go
mason4208
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby SameSongNDance » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:38 pm

I have no choice but to take the risk, I may snag Lance Moore (my only option) off of the WW just in case.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby evilsaint » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Nicks (ankle) expects to play in Sunday’s game against the Colts after he was in pads for Friday's practice, the Newark Star-Ledger reports. Nicks did not practice on Wednesday or Thursday while he recovered from an ankle injury, but he does not anticipate an issue before Sunday. “In my eyes, I expect to play,” Nicks said. “Unless they tell me otherwise when game time gets here, but I felt good today.”

http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=5955

Looks like we're good to go, unless a Giant's higher up decided to get a bug up their a** ;)
evilsaint
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby chchelse » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:15 am

Personally, I'm avoiding this situation altogether. I could wait on Nicks and if he gets deactivated, go with Crabtree on Monday night but I don't like that option either. Also, I'm not sure that the Giants will, or need to, throw the ball that much against Indy. Defensing the pass has always been their strength and they're poor against the run. Thus, I'm not expecting lot out of Nicks even if he does play. So I'm going with M. Williams (TB). It's a conservative play, but has some upside, and I need to make sure I get some points out of m WR3 position.
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:51 am

Anyone from NY have like the inside scoop on this? Should he just be avoided this week with the matchup and injury? I could go with MSW instead.....
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby letsgobirds » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:53 am

still trying to make this call for myself too, it's him or Bowe as my WR3 this week.
letsgobirds
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ploki » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:28 am

Is there anyone in New York who has some extra knowledge about Nicks status? Need to fill my flex
(2-0) 12 Team Non-PPR (QB Pass TD=4)
QB: RG3
RB: McCoy/Murray/MJD/Spiller/Ingram
WR: Austin/Thomas/Bowe/Smith
TE: Davis/Pitta
K: Kaeding
D: Bills
ploki
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next