Hakeem Nicks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hakeem Nicks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Hakeem Nicks

Postby evilsaint » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:36 am

chchelse wrote:Personally, I'm avoiding this situation altogether. I could wait on Nicks and if he gets deactivated, go with Crabtree on Monday night but I don't like that option either. Also, I'm not sure that the Giants will, or need to, throw the ball that much against Indy. Defensing the pass has always been their strength and they're poor against the run. Thus, I'm not expecting lot out of Nicks even if he does play. So I'm going with M. Williams (TB). It's a conservative play, but has some upside, and I need to make sure I get some points out of m WR3 position.

Bob Sanders is out for pretty much the first 1/2 to 3/4 of the season, though. He's a bit like Polomalu in terms of defining how their secondary plays, IINM.
evilsaint
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby evilsaint » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:21 pm

Sal Paolantonio reports that Nicks (ankle) will start Sunday's game against the Colts, ESPNews reports.

Looks like us owners are all set =)
evilsaint
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Hakeem Nicks admits his ankle was not 100 percent in Week 2, but says he is now completely healthy.
"It wasn’t hurting, but I wasn’t confident," said Nicks, who still caught his fourth touchdown pass of the season. "It was more of a mental thing (when I tried to cut). It’s a lot better. Now, I’m ready." Regaining his full-time role, Nicks is worth using as a WR2 against Tennessee in Week 3.

- rotoworld
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby chchelse » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:07 pm

Even though he is expected to start, I don't feel good about a questionable player going into a Monday night game. Latest news follows:

Hakeem Nicks (questionable, hamstring) practiced only on a limited basis Saturday.

Nicks said Friday that there was "no question" he would be playing and that he was just fatigued more than anything else. He's officially listed as questionable, but we fully expect him to suit up for Monday Night Football.

and this

Nicks seems a go for MNF: Giants WR Hakeem Nicks (hamstring) was limited in practice on Saturday in preparation for the Monday night game against Dallas in Week 7. This is a step in the right direction as Nicks was unable to practice on Friday with a fatigued hamstring. Nicks has said from the beginning that he plans on playing against the Cowboys.
(Updated 10/23/2010)

Injury Report
Hamstring - Questionable for Week 7 at Dallas
(Updated - 10/23/10)

Fantasy Analysis
Nicks totaled a season-low 8 yards in Week 6 against Detroit and will look to put up big numbers once again on the big Monday night stage. In his only game against the Cowboys in 2009, Nicks totaled two catches for 37 yards and one touchdown. Nicks remains tied for the NFC lead with six receiving touchdowns heading into Week 7. He definitely has not been consistent this season but he has th ability to put up 100 yards in any given week. Eli Manning is going to find ways to get him the football. The Cowboys are allowing WRs to average 19 Fantasy points per week, which is middle of the road. They have not allowed a 100-yard receiver in 2010, but five WRs have scored touchdowns. Nicks should be active in most Fantasy formats.
(Updated 10/23/2010).
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 2centworth » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:29 pm

He definitely has not been consistent this season

That's a ridiculous statement. Besides last week, where Nicks was doubled teamed all day, he has been amazingly consistent.
2centworth
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flyn high again » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Latest reports say Nicks has suffered no setbacks since his limited practice Saturday and is expected to play tonight.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flyn high again » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:40 pm

From Rotoworld:

Nicks
Hakeem Nicks is officially active for Monday night's game at Dallas.
Nicks was seen "stopping, starting, and cutting" in pre-game, according to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News.

Start him.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ABA316 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:55 pm

Already had my match won, but 108 yards and 2 TD's works okay with me.

Oh yeah I got Romo on that team too :~(
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chchelse » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:19 am

ABA316 wrote:Already had my match won, but 108 yards and 2 TD's works okay with me.

Oh yeah I got Romo on that team too :~(

Hmmmmm, I have the exact same thing going.....
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:27 pm

Nicks has a good chance of finishing as the #1 FF WR so hang onto him. Trade for him. Hit the other owner over the head and steal him.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk