Week 3 Game Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 3 Game Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 3 Game Talk

Postby Sandrock » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:45 am

Nfl Fan wrote:Nice game, Beavs. ;-D Good win.

That's a joke right? I sat in the freezing rain for the entire game to see the defense fall all over itself and give up monster yards through the air and on the ground. And they still can't stay in front of the QB. This D is probably worse than 2005, and they were pretty awful.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:32 am

On the MSU/ND game

1. Looked like the play clock had expired. Actually it didn't just look like it....it did expire. No call. I read the refs were keeping the time on the field, but what's the purpose for even running the game clock on the scoreboard then?

2. That block in the back on the last punt in regulation was one of the worst calls I have seen in a long time. He literally didn't even touch the guy so instead of ND being on the MSU 45 with a minute to go and a timeout, they are on their own 30 in the same situation. That's another 25 yards to overcome to get into FG position which they were obviously unable to do.

3. That being said, the call itself was pure balls and credit is due to Dantonio no matter how much of a douche he is.

4. Wasn't overly impressed by State but didn't expect to be. They will still give Michigan trouble though and could easily win that game.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:00 pm

On Locker,

People are already downgrading him after one poor game? I realize it was really poor, in fact he was downright dreadful, but dude was facing one of the most daunting defenses in college football. Nebraska puts arguably the best pass defense in the country on the field every Saturday. And keep in mind, Locker also doesn't have much help. He was harassed and hurried all day long, that tenacious D was in his face and in his head from the get go. All that said, he doesn't get a pass. He did perform very poorly, he attempted things you just cannot attempt against any D let alone one as skilled as the Huskers. He stared down receivers and tried to fit balls into spots he had no business throwing them. He's still a fantastic prospect and should garner the attention of the #1 pick. I'm not going to write him off after this game, however if he continues to struggle it will raise some concern.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:06 pm

Sandrock wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:Nice game, Beavs. ;-D Good win.

That's a joke right? I sat in the freezing rain for the entire game to see the defense fall all over itself and give up monster yards through the air and on the ground. And they still can't stay in front of the QB. This D is probably worse than 2005, and they were pretty awful.

Not a joke! :-) Pretty miserable, huh? I just have one favor to ask of my Beaver brethren................... BEAT B.S. NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to College Football