a TE question for week #1, hurry! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

a TE question for week #1, hurry!

Moderator: Football Moderators

a TE question for week #1, hurry!

Postby WittDogg » Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:45 pm

I am still undecided who I should start...

Chad Lewis
pros: veteran, McNabb uses him a lot, consistant
cons: on the road @ Titans, not a speed demon

Jeremy Shockey
pros: size, speed, at home against 49ers
cons: rookie(unproven), hurt ankle(will start)

I have a feeling no matter who I start, the other TE will do better, I have these two at about the same value, I am leaning towards Shockey because I can root for him Thursday night. I need your imput...help! :-o
"Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people so bad people can't do bad things to good people" -Unknown
WittDogg
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby geez78 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:49 pm

tough call but I would go with Shockey. I feel he will be tremendous especially as the year goes on.
geez78
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Arlo » Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:53 pm

I'd rather go with Lewis, actually. Rookie TEs usually take some time to adjust to the pros, and although Shockey has a world of talent, I think we shouldn't expect too much this early.

But you're right - it's pretty close to a toss-up. If you have a hunch that tells you to go with Shockey, follow that instinct!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:59 pm

I think I'd play Lewis, but its hard. Don't be upset if u pick the wrong one. The odds of getting this one right are about 50 - 50.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby WittDogg » Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:09 pm

You guys also think it is a toss up...
So if we look at who they play: Lewis at Tennessee or Shockey home against a weak 49er Defense. Does that settle the arguement? I really need points from every position this weak, I play a tough team... :~( I need more insight, help!
"Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people so bad people can't do bad things to good people" -Unknown
WittDogg
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby terpfan » Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:35 pm

If you want to go with Shockey I'm not saying your wrong. Tennessee has the better defense and defenses havent really had a chance to see Shockey so he should start off well.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk