Cleve RBs - Harrison or Hillis? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cleve RBs - Harrison or Hillis?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cleve RBs - Harrison or Hillis?

Postby Stelly » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:25 am

The RB situation in Cleveland seems to be quite a mess. Harrison seems to be the most talented RB on the roster, but he really seems to like to fumble. Hillis seems to be running the ball better (better YPC), and is getting the TD opportunities, and is a good receiver.

Who is the fantasy back to own in this mess? Are either of them more than a RB4?
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cleve RBs - Harrison or Hillis?

Postby SetYourselfFree » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:12 pm

As I speculated last week, it looks like James Davis will start seeing some carries this week. The Browns are facing Baltimore so there's a good chance no Browns RB will be productive but if Davis shows something, he could carve out a large role going forward.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:52 pm

I have to believe that over the course of the season Jerome will have better numbers. That said, if I had both and was forced to go with one, Hillis is the one I'd be starting right now. After Harrison's tremendous finish to the 09 season, I really expected him to come roaring out of the gate in 2010 and that's not what happened. Hillis seems to have the coaching staff's trust right now, but is an underwhelming flex option for the moment. If I could, I'd avoid starting either guy, but I do hold out some hope that Jerome will get it together and become an RB2 option at some point. Just don't punish your lineup by starting him until he proves he can do it.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:52 pm

I have to believe that over the course of the season Jerome will have better numbers. That said, if I had both and was forced to go with one, Hillis is the one I'd be starting right now. After Harrison's tremendous finish to the 09 season, I really expected him to come roaring out of the gate in 2010 and that's not what happened. Hillis seems to have the coaching staff's trust right now, but is an underwhelming flex option for the moment. If I could, I'd avoid starting either guy, but I do hold out some hope that Jerome will get it together and become an RB2 option at some point. Just don't punish your lineup by starting him until he proves he can do it.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LMack » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:02 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:I have to believe that over the course of the season Jerome will have better numbers. That said, if I had both and was forced to go with one, Hillis is the one I'd be starting right now. After Harrison's tremendous finish to the 09 season, I really expected him to come roaring out of the gate in 2010 and that's not what happened. Hillis seems to have the coaching staff's trust right now, but is an underwhelming flex option for the moment. If I could, I'd avoid starting either guy, but I do hold out some hope that Jerome will get it together and become an RB2 option at some point. Just don't punish your lineup by starting him until he proves he can do it.

Agree that Harrison seems like the long term value. I, however, have no problem starting Hillis as long as he's putting the ball in the endzone. TD's are welcome in my flex spot. If Hillis falls out of the coaching staffs hearts, do him no favors. Ride him while you can though.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:10 am

James Davis.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:51 pm

any chance harrision still has more value than hillis?
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:21 pm

shawngee03 wrote:any chance harrision still has more value than hillis?

I think this week Hillis defied expectations and proved that he can carry the load, so no. I've never been a Hillis guy. I am now. Too bad I don't have him on a single team.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Hillis should hands-down be the man to own in Cleveland now. If he's on any WW this week, he NEEDS to be owned. He could be a high-end RB2 this year.
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:25 am

Hillis for sure from here on out. The only issue is that he takes a major pounding during the game and there is the risk of injury.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk