Lynch trade imminent? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lynch trade imminent?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lynch trade imminent?

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:35 pm

I would like to start out by saying this pure speculation on my part. I have been spending a while following the situation and my instincts tell me Lynch will be traded to the Green Bay Packers with in the week. What leads me to believe this?

- Chan Gaily is notorious for leaning on one RB. He has always given one RB in his system at the very least 70% of the carries. Spiller is the future of the franchise and what happened in Week 2 was clearly Gaily showcasing Lynch to the team that I believe will be acquiring him, GB. Also, for an organization that is usually rather secretive, they have been far too open about how they plan on dealing with Lynch, I just don't buy into it.

- Lynch wants out of the BUF organization

- BUF has just signed another RB (Andre Anderson) up to the practice squad (too many RBs)

- Lynch would feel comfortable reuniting with his former teammate, Aaron Rodgers has mentioned this himself

- the Packers have openly admitted today that B. Jackson cannot shoulder the workload and he will not see anywhere near the amount of touches we had originally though. "Packers coaches don't trust Jackson's body to hold up to the toll of 18-20 touches per game, and he's still too valuable as a situational passing-down back."

So is GB going to lean on Kuhn or Nance? No I doubt it. I'm envisioning a rare straight up trade consisting of AJ Hawk for Lynch. Either way, does anyone else feel the same?
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lynch trade imminent?

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:20 pm

A lot of that is connect the dots, but the signing of another RB was a bit of a surprise and GB stating that they don't think BJax is a carry the load type is nearly a shock- that seems to undercut themselves in any trade negotiations they might have for a RB.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Kareighuis wrote:A lot of that is connect the dots, but the signing of another RB was a bit of a surprise and GB stating that they don't think BJax is a carry the load type is nearly a shock- that seems to undercut themselves in any trade negotiations they might have for a RB.

Yeah I agree that it undercuts themselves, but the way this whole situation is being handled is odd. There's so much speculation around the topic I just felt like I had to throw in my two cents.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby u_fig_eater » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:43 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter and John Clayton both say there is no imminent trade.

Clayton:
It would work well for the Packers, but it doesn't work well for the Bills. No trade. Hawk fits better in a 4-3 defense as a weakside linebacker. The Bills switched to a 3-4. Hawk would feel as uncomfortable in the Bills' scheme as he is in the Packers' scheme.

Schefter's analysis was on Twitter and re-posted to Rotoworld.

Regardless, I grabbed him anyway. Clayton says the deal could happen if the Bills lower their asking price.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:50 pm

u_fig_eater wrote:ESPN's Adam Schefter and John Clayton both say there is no imminent trade.

Clayton:
It would work well for the Packers, but it doesn't work well for the Bills. No trade. Hawk fits better in a 4-3 defense as a weakside linebacker. The Bills switched to a 3-4. Hawk would feel as uncomfortable in the Bills' scheme as he is in the Packers' scheme.

Schefter's analysis was on Twitter and re-posted to Rotoworld.

Regardless, I grabbed him anyway. Clayton says the deal could happen if the Bills lower their asking price.

Ah I didn't know that the Bills switched to a 3-4 ><. I too took a flier on him in my leagues and have my fingers crossed.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby u_fig_eater » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:57 pm

There's also speculation that he is now the feature back in Buffalo, so all is not lost if he stays there.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:07 pm

I kind of heard they were showcasing him to but maybe they don't want Hawk. Maybe they want draft picks the GB doesn't want to part with.

GB bringing in Betts doesn't bode well for the Lynch trade. I think Betts is a nice blue collar option who plays hard.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I kind of heard they were showcasing him to but maybe they don't want Hawk. Maybe they want draft picks the GB doesn't want to part with.

GB bringing in Betts doesn't bode well for the Lynch trade. I think Betts is a nice blue collar option who plays hard.

Im pretty sure NO brought in and resigned Betts.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:36 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:I kind of heard they were showcasing him to but maybe they don't want Hawk. Maybe they want draft picks the GB doesn't want to part with.

I knew that. Just check in to see if you did. :-D

Can't believe I did that :-b
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:50 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:

I knew that. Just check in to see if you did. :-D

Can't believe I did that :-b

Posted one minute after you ^^. I'm onto you Cowboy 4 life... :-b
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Next

Return to Football Talk