Huggins poised to make NFL Debut - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Huggins poised to make NFL Debut

Moderator: Football Moderators

Huggins poised to make NFL Debut

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:38 pm

It has come out of the Bucs camp that Caddy is already hurting..

Cadillac Williams (hamstring) was limited in Bucs practice Wednesday.
Williams ranks second in the NFL in carries (49) through two weeks, and it already appears to be catching up to him. Despite the monster workload, Caddy ranks just 19th in rushing yards. The Bucs play Pittsburgh this week.

- rotoworld

Kareem is finally over his latest injury..

Bucs RB Kareem Huggins (groin) returned to a full practice Wednesday.

It appears Huggins is on track to make his season debut. Unfortunately, it would come against a Steelers defense that's looked as tough as any in football through two weeks. Huggins is just barely worth a fantasy roster spot.

- rotoworld

Always bet against the guy with reconstructed knees.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Huggins poised to make NFL Debut

Postby JoshKnows46 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:04 pm

quick, i don't wanta miss him, who should i drop for him?....should i drop ryan, since i have big ben and mike vick

Michael Vick
(Phi - QB)
@Jac Sun
3:05 pm 46% 459 3 0 140 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 49
WR
Miles Austin
(Dal - WR)
@Hou Sun
12:00 pm 99% 0 0 0 0 0 288 1 0 0 0 0 34
WR
Anquan Boldin
(Bal - WR)
Cle Sun
12:00 pm 92% 0 0 0 0 0 145 0 0 0 0 0 14
RB
Maurice Jones-Drew
(Jac - RB)
Phi Sun
3:05 pm 96% 0 0 0 129 0 32 0 0 0 0 1 12
RB
DeAngelo Williams
(Car - RB)
Cin Sun
12:00 pm 82% 0 0 0 116 0 20 0 0 0 0 0 13
TE
Vernon Davis
(SF - TE)
@KC Sun
12:00 pm 93% 0 0 0 0 0 151 0 0 0 1 0 16
W/R/T
Joseph Addai
(Ind - RB)
@Den Sun
3:15 pm 65% 0 0 0 136 0 50 0 0 0 0 0 17
BN
Steve Smith
(Car - WR)
Cin Sun
12:00 pm 93% 0 0 0 0 0 141 2 0 0 0 0 25
BN
Matt Ryan
(Atl - QB)
@NO Sun
12:00 pm 30% 477 3 1 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 34
BN
Terrell Owens
(Cin - WR)
@Car Sun
12:00 pm 51% 0 0 0 0 0 110 0 0 0 0 0 10
BN
Ricky Williams
(Mia - RB)
NYJ Sun
7:20 pm 19% 0 0 0 92 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 7
BN
Johnny Knox
(Chi - WR)
GB Mon
7:30 pm 29% 0 0 0 0 0 138 0 42 0 0 0 15
BN
Ben Roethlisberger
(Pit - QB) NA
@TB Sun
12:00 pm 1% - - - - - - - - - - - 0
BN
Mike Tolbert
(SD - RB)
@Sea Sun
3:15 pm 8% 0 0 0 108 2 13 0 0 0 0 0 23
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:13 pm

Excellent news. Even with those QBs, I wouldn't cut Ryan. Tolbert and Ricky are much better options. The best thing, though, is to try to trade your excessive depth. Maybe target the Kolb owner.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby JoshKnows46 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Kareighuis wrote:Excellent news. Even with those QBs, I wouldn't cut Ryan. Tolbert and Ricky are much better options. The best thing, though, is to try to trade your excessive depth. Maybe target the Kolb owner.

i gotta pick up huggins now though, my league is really quick with news like this... you think tolbert is the better drop, its a 10 team league, i dont think anyone will trade for a qb, orton is still on the wire, and the kolb owner has scuab.
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:49 pm

JoshKnows46 wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:Excellent news. Even with those QBs, I wouldn't cut Ryan. Tolbert and Ricky are much better options. The best thing, though, is to try to trade your excessive depth. Maybe target the Kolb owner.

i gotta pick up huggins now though, my league is really quick with news like this... you think tolbert is the better drop, its a 10 team league, i dont think anyone will trade for a qb, orton is still on the wire, and the kolb owner has scuab.

Totally wrong category. Try the Draft/Trade/Keeper/Waiver place. I'll keep my answer brief.

Don't cut Ryan. Just don't. Who knows how this Vick thing goes.
Mathews is reportedly gonna play Sunday. Tolbert isn't slated to be the starting RB.
Ricky gets alot of carries when the game's a romp. They play the Vikings this week.

In a 10-team league, with such short benches, depth is always available. I don't know if I'd pick up Huggins, and don't know if I'd cut Tolbert or Ricky to make room, though probably the former.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby JoshKnows46 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:32 am

Kareighuis wrote:
JoshKnows46 wrote:

Totally wrong category. Try the Draft/Trade/Keeper/Waiver place. I'll keep my answer brief.

Don't cut Ryan. Just don't. Who knows how this Vick thing goes.
Mathews is reportedly gonna play Sunday. Tolbert isn't slated to be the starting RB.
Ricky gets alot of carries when the game's a romp. They play the Vikings this week.

In a 10-team league, with such short benches, depth is always available. I don't know if I'd pick up Huggins, and don't know if I'd cut Tolbert or Ricky to make room, though probably the former.

but tolbert is the back-up to mathews, who has a high ankle sprain....i actually went with dropping ryan, cus most the guys in waivers/draft.trade forum said to cut ryan, i wanta give ricky a couple more weeks to perform before i drop him, and if ronnie goes down, ricky is money....it just really bothers me to carry 3 qb's, when they have guys like huggins, bernard scott, kealand williams on the waiver wire...our waiver is performance based, so i can't wait for those guys to blow-up, i have to take educated guesses, cus i'll never have the number 1 waiver....no one in my league will take ryan, almost all of them took 2 qb's before i even took one, they all set at qb....if anything the kolb owner will pick up ryan over ortan, and then i'll still have orton on the wire to fall back on.

Tampa Bay is completly incompatent if they keep starting cadillac/earnest graham over Huggins or blount....gram and cadillac just can't get it done. with freeman coming into his own at the end of last year, i been telling people since before the year started to watch out for this tampa bay team...i'm a huge saints fan, so i know this tampa team pretty well.

can't wait for huggins to start lighting up the score board...
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby hett2333 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:45 am

Would you rather have Huggins are Green-Ellis? With Maroney in Denver, and Faulk out for the season, he already has value. it's only a matter of time before Fred Taylor goes down too...
hett2333
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 011472 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:41 am

hett2333 wrote:Would you rather have Huggins are Green-Ellis? With Maroney in Denver, and Faulk out for the season, he already has value. it's only a matter of time before Fred Taylor goes down too...

I'm in the same position. Huggins and law firm are both available in my league and I'm wondering if I should drop Ringer for one of them. I already messed up once this year by dropping Brandon Jackson before week 1 and I don't want to do it again. But you can't predict injuries...
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SetYourselfFree » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:52 pm

011472 wrote:
hett2333 wrote:Would you rather have Huggins are Green-Ellis? With Maroney in Denver, and Faulk out for the season, he already has value. it's only a matter of time before Fred Taylor goes down too...

I'm in the same position. Huggins and law firm are both available in my league and I'm wondering if I should drop Ringer for one of them. I already messed up once this year by dropping Brandon Jackson before week 1 and I don't want to do it again. But you can't predict injuries...

It's impossible to predict on a weekly basis when or if BGE will ever have value. Huggins has the higher ceiling so he's a much better stash. I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on Brandon Jackson. He's not very good and I wouldn't be surprised if he's back in a 3rd down role again soon.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby hett2333 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:55 am

SetYourselfFree wrote:
011472 wrote:

It's impossible to predict on a weekly basis when or if BGE will ever have value. Huggins has the higher ceiling so he's a much better stash. I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on Brandon Jackson. He's not very good and I wouldn't be surprised if he's back in a 3rd down role again soon.

Why does Huggins have the higher ceiling? I think BGE is closer to being the no 1 back then Huggins is. In a deep league (16 teams), doesn't BGE have more value?
hett2333
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk