Huggins poised to make NFL Debut - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Huggins poised to make NFL Debut

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Huggins poised to make NFL Debut

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:56 am

SameSongNDance wrote:
Always bet against the guy with reconstructed knees.

Like Frank Gore?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SameSongNDance » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:34 pm

Azrael wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:
Always bet against the guy with reconstructed knees.

Like Frank Gore?

Aside from the fact the Caddy isn't nearly as talented as Gore, at least in this stage of their careers, do you mean bet that Gore will miss time yearly? If that's what you mean...then yes. He hasn't played a full season since 2006. The difference is when Gore misses time hes not also in danger of losing his starting gig.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:50 pm

hett2333 wrote:
SetYourselfFree wrote:
011472 wrote:
I'm in the same position. Huggins and law firm are both available in my league and I'm wondering if I should drop Ringer for one of them. I already messed up once this year by dropping Brandon Jackson before week 1 and I don't want to do it again. But you can't predict injuries...

It's impossible to predict on a weekly basis when or if BGE will ever have value. Huggins has the higher ceiling so he's a much better stash. I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on Brandon Jackson. He's not very good and I wouldn't be surprised if he's back in a 3rd down role again soon.

Why does Huggins have the higher ceiling? I think BGE is closer to being the no 1 back then Huggins is. In a deep league (16 teams), doesn't BGE have more value?

BGE is closer to starting, but he doesn't have the speed that Huggins does. BGE's greater chance of getting most of his team's carries would give him a higher floor, but Huggins' play-breaking ability gives him a higher ceiling.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby hett2333 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:11 am

With the emergence of LeGarrette Blount, are you guys still as high on Huggins? I asked last week if you would rather have "The Law Firm" or Huggins, I think that questions is pretty clear now. How about this one. Would you rather own Huggins or James Starks?
hett2333
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:39 pm

hett2333 wrote:With the emergence of LeGarrette Blount, are you guys still as high on Huggins? I asked last week if you would rather have "The Law Firm" or Huggins, I think that questions is pretty clear now. How about this one. Would you rather own Huggins or James Starks?

Starks. It seems fairly clear what you can expect from Huggins- platoonmate. When Starks comes off the PUP list, he'll be stepping in to a backfield of role-players. He'll at least have a chance to be the featured back. I don't see Huggins being a featured back.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby FFLover » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:19 am

Kareighuis wrote:
hett2333 wrote:With the emergence of LeGarrette Blount, are you guys still as high on Huggins? I asked last week if you would rather have "The Law Firm" or Huggins, I think that questions is pretty clear now. How about this one. Would you rather own Huggins or James Starks?

Starks. It seems fairly clear what you can expect from Huggins- platoonmate. When Starks comes off the PUP list, he'll be stepping in to a backfield of role-players. He'll at least have a chance to be the featured back. I don't see Huggins being a featured back.

Thanks for the heads up on Starks, I had no idea who he was. I will stash him for later. ;-D
FFLover
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby lacunacoiler » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:06 pm

So if you have only one roster spot left, which of the guys would you keep in a dynasty league: huggins or blount?? both standard & 0.5ppr leagues..

its kinda a difficult situation to decide between the two right now... i do believe that blount has the edge over huggins because he seems have positioned himself into the goalline/short-yardage rb over huggins...my hopes right now is that huggins does well on his passing-down duties so that he gets more piece of the pie over blount in that promising young tb offense..

right now in both of my ppr dynasty leagues, i have huggins stashed on one team & blount on the other.... im just playing flip a coin & hopefully i snagged the right fish... if i can just stash both i would, but i got no choice right now except to keep one...
lacunacoiler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scorched03 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:38 pm

i like blount. had huggins forever and dropped him for blount.

i think the issue with goal line backs are that, if u do well, u get the TD and u may get plays away from the goal line too. huggins still has starter by name - caddy to deal with. he's likely to not be effective unless he just starts breaking off long gains with limited touches. unlikely right? blount has more of a chance to succeed at the moment. he may drop it, but he's more likely at the moment to do well
scorched03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SetYourselfFree » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:11 pm

Roster both if you can and see how it shakes out. One of the two will likely have decent value over the rest of the season and if Caddy is finally taken completely out of the picture, there's a slight chance Blount and Huggins could split and both retain some fantasy value. Huggins is the more explosive back but I think they'd work best complimenting each other. I've read a lot of Bucs RB propoganda straight from the coaches and it seems they prefer to have a big back take the majority of snaps regardless of Huggins success. Basically, it seems they've graduated from The Todd Haley School of Stubborness.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk