Who's sick of their league?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who's sick of their league?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who's sick of their league?!

Postby Cameron10483 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:29 pm

I've played with the same 7 owners for a few years now. They're all great guys and know their stuff, but they are a bunch of stiffs when it comes to trading/countering/trash talking/etc...

Anyone have any funny or bad stories about your league so far?
Standard Scoring, 8 Team $ League, Start...QB,QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,FLEX X3,TE,K,DEF.
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-
Cameron10483
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who's sick of their league?!

Postby woodson_28 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:30 pm

Cameron10483 wrote:they are a bunch of stiffs when it comes to trading/countering/trash talking/etc...

It happens. I started fantasy back in 2003 (first yr of college). I've played with the same 9 guys for 7 yrs now (both fantasy football and baseball leagues), and the last few yrs the amount of league activity has almost died.

In college, we were talking sports everyday and probably average 3 trades a week. Next week we'll wrap up the 25+ week fantasy baseball season for '10, and there wasn't one single trade. I've already offered about 8 fantasy football trades, but nobody has even countered.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mojoorising » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:02 am

I'm so sick of this league every year they make new rules to counter anything i do to better my team. Traded maclin for witten and it got vetoed and they made some stupid new rule up to hinder me even more from trading. I win this league just about every year so its hard for me to just leave but this is my last year of this stupid crap. I hope i win on the way out so i can just say F*** yall im out, i got another good team too ;p

QB - Vick
RB - MJD
RB - Forte
WR - White
WR - Megatron
WR - Welker
TE - Carlson
KR - Hartley
Def - San Fran

Bench - Flacco
Bench - Bradshaw
Bench - R Brown
Bench - R Williams
Bench - Maclin
Bench - Daniels

PPR league
mojoorising
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Slayer Rules » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:04 am

mojoorising wrote:I'm so sick of this league every year they make new rules to counter anything i do to better my team. Traded maclin for witten and it got vetoed and they made some stupid new rule up to hinder me even more from trading. I win this league just about every year so its hard for me to just leave but this is my last year of this stupid crap. I hope i win on the way out so i can just say F*** yall im out, i got another good team too ;p

QB - Vick
RB - MJD
RB - Forte
WR - White
WR - Megatron
WR - Welker
TE - Carlson
KR - Hartley
Def - San Fran

Bench - Flacco
Bench - Bradshaw
Bench - R Brown
Bench - R Williams
Bench - Maclin
Bench - Daniels

PPR league

This is so interesting I just keep reading it over and over again. Really neat! ;-D
Slayer Rules
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)

Postby LMack » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Takes collusion to get trades done in one of my leagues. Bleh.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Yeah, I think this is common in a lot of leagues. In my main league, the core group of guys have been together for a solid 5-6 years now and there trading tendencies never vary.

Commish: offers fair trades that make sense to both owners, but you can never get one by him. you have to be a straight shooter, but he is willing to trade. trade grade: B

Gambler guy: must be OCD, because he always entertains trade offers, and often makes them even if they don't make sense. there's been times where i thought i was raping him, but it ended up to backfire big time. ex- acquired lamont jordan rather cheaply after his breakout season, he goes on to be a total bust. though, he did offer me the best trade ever: peyton manning for my david carr and santana moss in a 6pt per td passing league. i snap accepted.
trade grade: A

Car salesman: in the 6 years, i've never once accepted a trade he proposed. it's always the same garbage: 2 or 3 of my mediocre players for one of your best players. sorry bro, quantity doesn't trump quality.
trade grade: D

Stubborn guy: i don't think we've ever made a trade. he simply overvalues the crap out of his players, and will not entertain offers unless he is clearly raping the bejesus out of you.
trade grade: D-

Mr. I just show up for the draft and set my lineup: Gah, proposing trades to him is like talking to a brick wall, useless.
trade grade: F

Jedi Master: this guy is up for trading at any time, but he tries talking non-sense and jedi mind tricking you into taking dumb moves for your team. it actually worked in our baseball league, since he kept offering me OK, but not very good offers, he confused me into offering him a bad trade for my team. however, he can occasionally be had
trade grade: C

Mr. Nostradamus: Not a joy to deal with. Another case of undervaluing your players. He uses reasoning like "well that guy is going to get injured" so I need x extra. He will be referring to a player who had one minor injury in his career, lol.
trade grade: D

Mr. Unknown: Has only been with us for one year, but he does have a tendency to gamble it up, so has the looks of a good trade partner.
trade grade: INC (with potential for high marks)

Mr. Unknown #2: Don't have a read on him yet, but seems very conservative in general. In other words, you're not going to get good value from him. Here's a trade he offered me after week 1: My Hightower for his Lee Evans and Darron Sproles. Thanks, but no thanks. :-b
trade grade: INC (expecting low grade, however)

Overall, our league isn't bad thanks to a couple of owners, but i don't even bother with a lot of them unless i have a player or position that they really, really want or need.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk