Any News on Fredie Taylor? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any News on Fredie Taylor?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any News on Fredie Taylor?

Postby FantasyChampMayne » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:54 am

I havnt seen any injury reports since Friday and I want to know if he is starting cause the Jets have the "worst" run defense....Anybody know?
FantasyChampMayne
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:58 am

Heres some news from Yahoo.

Nov 20 Taylor was limited to working out on the side at the Jaguars' practice on Wednesday, but he expects to increase his involvment in the team's workouts over the next couple of days and be ready for Sunday's game against the New York Jets. The running back, who is listed as probable, twisted one knee and bruised the other in last week's loss to the Tennessee Titans.
Advice: If the injuries limit Taylor in Sunday's game, the Jags will call upon LaBrandon Toefield to step in and fill the void.

Nov 21 Jacksonville Jaguars RB Fred Taylor (knee) hasn't gone the full time in practice but will play in Week 12. It's not clear how well he will be able to play since he is still sore.

Nov 21 Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio continues to be optimistic about the availability of star running back Fred Taylor for this week’s game against the Jets. “He practiced a little bit,” Del Rio told the Florida Times-Union. “He ran around pretty good. He ran some team drills. He didn’t have any full contact work, but we’re not doing much full contact work on Thursdays at this time of year.”
Views: Taylor continues to send conflicting signals about his availability, but we’re guardedly optimistic he’ll be on the field against one of the worst run defenses in the league on Sunday. Leave him in your lineup for now, but make sure your Fred Taylor Injury Alert Pager remains on at all times.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:49 am

My advice:

I wouldn't concern yourself with him not being active during the week's practice. Seems to me they'd conserve him for today's game.

Unless you have a suitable back-up, this IS the week to take any and all chances with Taylor. The Jets do give up an ass-ton of rushing yards.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:55 pm

agreed unless you have an extra stud Rb on your bench you should still go with Freddie
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:36 pm

He's playing... he fumbled.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter