Ray Rice? Buy low or anemic offense? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ray Rice? Buy low or anemic offense?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ray Rice? Buy low or anemic offense?

Postby dunbar2007 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:31 am

I was going to ask a specific question in the Trade Forum, but I was curious what people in general thought about Ray Rice moving forward?

I had him in a PPR last year and he was dynamite. Thoughts moving forward with Joe Flacco looking terrible and the TD vultures still present? That offense just scares me and it doesn't help he is benchable twice this year when he plays the Steelers (luckily not in the playoffs)

However, he seems to me to represent the quinessential buy low candidate (MJD might fill that roll as well) for a RB, but while I think he will be consistently 'good', I'm not sure he'll be much better than a Steven Jackson, or Arian Foster at this point, or...???
dunbar2007
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ray Rice? Buy low or anemic offense?

Postby bandrus1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:54 am

I would rather have Foster
bandrus1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dunbar2007 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:06 am

That's sort of where I'm at...the buy low wheeler and dealer is excited about landing Rice, but then you look at Foster and his potential...I'm just not sure Rice will get the TD's this year OR receptions that he got last year to justify him being a high pick at the draft, or at this point someone who is worth trading a decent amount for
dunbar2007
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bandrus1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:11 am

odds are you are lower on rice than the owner would be
bandrus1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:18 am

As a 2-league owner of Rice, I'm not low on him at all. I recognize that-
a) this is week 2;
b) he played NYJ and Cin his 1st 2 games.

Depending on how today goes, the buy-low point might be after week4, when he plays Pit.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Montana168 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:31 am

Man, a lot of you guys on this board crack me up. Foster is no where near Ray Rice's level, IMO. Foster had 1 good game against a terrible Indy team. Then went against an average to solid washington defense that held him to 3.6 YPC, and the only reason he had a useful day was because of 1 50 yd run. Take that away and he had 2 catches for 19 yds, and not 3 catches for 69 yds. Lets see him put together an entire season before we crown him a top 4 RB.

As far as Rice goes, I would agree that he is a great buy low option. Should be able to light up Cleveland today, if he doesn't, I would question whether his minor ankle injury he suffered last week is still a problem. But I agree, as mentioned above, that if Rice has a mediocre game, his best buy window might be after next week when he faces Pitt, but I expect a breakout game for Rice against Cleveland today...at least I hope.
Montana168
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bandrus1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:39 am

Montana168 wrote:Man, a lot of you guys on this board crack me up. Foster is no where near Ray Rice's level, IMO. Foster had 1 good game against a terrible Indy team. Then went against an average to solid washington defense that held him to 3.6 YPC, and the only reason he had a useful day was because of 1 50 yd run. Take that away and he had 2 catches for 19 yds, and not 3 catches for 69 yds. Lets see him put together an entire season before we crown him a top 4 RB.

As far as Rice goes, I would agree that he is a great buy low option. Should be able to light up Cleveland today, if he doesn't, I would question whether his minor ankle injury he suffered last week is still a problem. But I agree, as mentioned above, that if Rice has a mediocre game, his best buy window might be after next week when he faces Pitt, but I expect a breakout game for Rice against Cleveland today...at least I hope.

Foster is the back in an offense that scores a million points per game you can draft him like you draft somebody who plays for the yankees

Rice plays on a team who wants to play low scoring games, has a proven back behind him that they are willing to let score TD's
bandrus1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Montana168 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:42 pm

bandrus1 wrote:
Montana168 wrote:Man, a lot of you guys on this board crack me up. Foster is no where near Ray Rice's level, IMO. Foster had 1 good game against a terrible Indy team. Then went against an average to solid washington defense that held him to 3.6 YPC, and the only reason he had a useful day was because of 1 50 yd run. Take that away and he had 2 catches for 19 yds, and not 3 catches for 69 yds. Lets see him put together an entire season before we crown him a top 4 RB.

Foster is the back in an offense that scores a million points per game you can draft him like you draft somebody who plays for the yankees

Rice plays on a team who wants to play low scoring games, has a proven back behind him that they are willing to let score TD's

Or you can look at it in that Foster plays for a team that is a pass first team and they are not afraid to abandon the run if they get behind early, and Rice plays for a team that is a run-first team and they will establish the run all day if they have to and won't abandon it.
Montana168
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ww stud » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:56 pm

think he just got hurt, cant find info on it though.
ww stud
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FFslacker » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:39 pm

Ray Rice told reporters Sunday evening that "everything looks positive" with regard to his late-game knee injury.
"Right now, everything is standard," Rice said. "I'll take some tests on Monday, but everything looks positive right now." Coach John Harbaugh added that he doesn't know the extent, let alone Rice's status for Week 4 against the Steelers. Willis McGahee could be in line for the start. Sep. 26 - 6:10 pm et
Source: Baltimore Sun
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk