Ray Rice knee sprain - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ray Rice knee sprain

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ray Rice knee sprain

Postby GoodOl'Days » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Whyyy football gods whyyy.

rotoworld wrote:Ravens coach John Harbaugh revealed in his post-game press conference Sunday that Ray Rice injured his knee against the Browns.
Rice didn't play on Baltimore's final two drives in a close game, so it's believed he injured the knee on the team's early-fourth quarter possession. Harbaugh did confirm that Rice doesn't have ligament damage, but a knee sprain could sideline him for multiple weeks. Willis McGahee needs to be owned in all leagues. Rice will undergo "further evaluation" on Monday
GoodOl'Days
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Ray Rice knee sprain

Postby c0megets0me » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:15 pm

I saw the same report you did except for the "missing multiple"weeks.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:03 pm

makes mcgahee worth a lot more though
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby markulous » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:14 pm

Oh well if he's hurt. At least I have DWill...Wait. :~(
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby c0megets0me » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:23 am

BALTIMORE – Baltimore Ravens Pro Bowl running back Ray Rice(notes) sprained his knee during the fourth quarter Sunday against the Cleveland Browns, an injury that apparently doesn’t involve torn ligaments or cartilage damage.

Rice got hurt on a four-yard reception where he was tackled by nose guard Ahtyba Rubin(notes) and appeared to fall awkwardly.

Rice’s status for next week’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers remains unclear, and he’s schedule to undergo a magnetic resonance imaging exam today to get a formal diagnosis.

“We don’t know right now,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. “There’s nothing ligament-wise that’s a problem, so that’s probably where it starts. So, that’s the most important thing. Or, cartilage-wise, as far as we know. We don’t know the extent for sure.”

Rice wasn’t made available for interviews after the game, but the team distributed quotes from the all-purpose back.

Rice didn’t specify what happened to his knee, but seemed optimistic about his prospects of playing against the undefeated Steelers next week at Heinz Field.

“Right now, everything is standard,” said Rice, who rushed for 80 yards on 15 carries before leaving the game. “I’ll take some tests on Monday, but everything looks positive right now.”

Rice, who had a 25-yard run against the Browns in the first quarter to set up a touchdown, gained over 2,000 yards from scrimmage last season.

Once he got hurt, Rice was on the bench and attended to by trainers and doctors.

Afterward, Rice was talking as if he’ll play against the Steelers.

“They’re playing good football and they’re tough upfront,” Rice said. “We’re going to prepare hard this week and hopefully everything will be good to go.”

In relief of Rice, former Pro Bowl runner Willis McGahee(notes) rushed for 29 yards on seven carries.
He expressed confidence that he can shoulder a full workload.

“I’m pretty sure Ray is going to be all right,” McGahee said. “Whenever my number is called, I’ll be ready.”

Offensive tackle Michael Oher(notes) predicted that Rice will bounce back quickly from the knee injury.

“He’s a tough kid and a tough guy,” Oher said. “He’s going to be fine.”

Follow me on Twitter: RavensIns
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tfunky14 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:52 am

News conference is scheduled for 4pm Monday so we will hear more later.
tfunky14
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 20)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:11 am

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP)—Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice(notes) has a bruised knee, an injury that has left his status in doubt for this week’s AFC North showdown against the undefeated Pittsburgh Steelers.

Rice left Sunday’s game against the Cleveland Browns with just under 10 minutes left after catching a short pass for a 4-yard gain. An MRI on Monday revealed “a significant contusion,” according to Ravens coach John Harbaugh.

Asked if he expected Rice to play against Pittsburgh, Harbaugh said, “We’ll see how he fares throughout the week. We’ll see how it heals.”

The team wouldn’t reveal whether Rice hurt his left or right knee.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-ravens-rice

Don't have him (But play against him this week) but its got to be concerning
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Mr.Joshua » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:12 am

Coach John Harbaugh said that Ray Rice (knee) could play in Week 4, but they'll just see how he "heals throughout the course of the week."

Rice, who has a "significant" bruise, would have a tough matchup against the Steelers, though he is the only back to gain more than 100 rushing yards against them in 38 games. If he can't go, Willis McGahee would get the start.
Source: Baltimore Sun
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby Gibbs_Wagon » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:40 am

Rice says that he is ready to play.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/rave ... 7375.story

While Ray Rice deferred the final decision to coach John Harbaugh, the Ravens running back said he is healthy enough to play in Sunday's AFC North showdown at the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Rice continued to show no sign of a limp in the locker room and practiced for the first time since sustaining a contusion on his right knee.

"I feel great," Rice said in his first comments to reporters since injuring his knee Sunday. "I'm sure I'll be ready to play."
Gibbs_Wagon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby c0megets0me » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:26 am

looks like he is gonna play
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk