New NFL/NCAA combo league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

New NFL/NCAA combo league

Moderator: Football Moderators

New NFL/NCAA combo league

Postby Trailofdead » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:37 pm

So I've been kicking around this idea for a while:

8 teams. You start with players made up from the college conference where they played.
Team 1: Players who played in the SEC
Team 2: Big Ten
Team 3: Pac-10
Team 4: Big 12
Team 5: ACC
Team 6: Big Est/MAC/Sun Belt
Team 7: Mountain West/Wac/Conference USA
Team 8: Every other player ( Independants, D-1 AA, D-2, etc.)

Format: you can only pick up players from your category, and you keep the rights to them even if dropped (unless traded in real life). It will be a keeper league, and we will go based on conferences as they are at the start of the league (The conferences will obviously be changing next year). Trades are encouraged, and you keep the rights to any player you trade for (again, inless traded in real life). The league will be run on yahoo.com

I ran some numbers and there won't be any teams that are too unbalanced. The D-2, D-1AA team for example has: Joe Flacco, Tony Romo, Marques Colston, Roddy White, Miles Austin, Visanthe Shiancoe, Tim Hightower, Ryant Grant, Julius Jones, Brandon Jacobs, Fred Jackson, Donald Driver, Nate
Washington, Johnny Knox and others. At least enough to make trades to fill weaknesses. Some teams would definitely be more stacked than others, but it would be a fun challenge for owners to build their teams.

ESPN has a site where you can check where each player is from: http://espn.go.com/nfl/college
This league is for very active/serious managers only.

email me at eulogy7@hotmail.com if you are interested or have any questions.
Trailofdead
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds