0-3 again. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

0-3 again.

Moderator: Football Moderators

0-3 again.

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:30 pm

We still suck and nothing they do matters. Its the same thing as always. Coming up we get to see Bradford shred us as the QB we should have got?? Its embarrassing. I just dont get it. We have lost 40 of 43 games...... It just does not matter.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 0-3 again.

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:50 pm

It only gets worse, Spree. What if they lose to the Rams in two weeks (Packer game already counted as an L)? Where does the win come from? Buffalo? In Buffalo, in bad weather. Iffy. Not only do they look exactly like the Millen/NimRod Lions but also their head coach is starting to sound like a Lions head coach. The same head coach who lie down and let the refs prison sex the Lions out of a win in week one, taking a fictional high road and saying the process didn’t cost them that win, lack of execution did. Great, a man of higher standards, right? Wrong. He was afraid of being fined or setting a bad example for the team by using a bad break as an excuse. Right, except every time he gets a chance he alludes to injuries. That would go under the heading of bad breaks, sub-category why we lose. Not sending the right message to the team Butthead.
I’m pissed so I ramble, please forgive.
So we move to week three and see patterns emerge. One-Schwartz has adopted the Wet Toast Offence. Tiny dump off passes, unimaginative run plays, including the classic short yardage run behind the angry midget for no gain play. That never gets tired. And of course the other time-tested winner, don’t throw to your best weapons if the D scheme is geared to cover him. I am so sick and tired of being the only franchise in the world that takes their most talented player out of the game if the D looks like it will try to stop them. Hey Butthead!!! All D try to stop the top threats. All of them do. Yet every team save the miserably coached Lions uses their studs to punish these teams dearly for daring take the field against them. You are a loser Schwartz. Welcome to Detroit, you fit right in with the Fords farce.
Tell me, coach, just how do you approach a game? Just what in you makes sense? The idiotic runs up the middle? The snoozer loser ignores Megatron until you are desperate? Or not trying to stop the clock and try to score a TD before the half? How on Earth do you make that mistake, ever? A high school coach might make that mistake, might. But an NFL head coach to play for a FG instead of try for a TD when there were at least two more plays you could have run is an insult to your team and Lions fans. But then to follow that up with moronic statements that even on his worst days Bobby Ross wouldn’t dare say, that even in the deepest tunnel NimRod Marinelli couldn’t dig, shows me a type of stubborn stupidity that will insure that you will never win here. How do you come out in your presser and defend that time management turd you laid out there at the half? To paraphrase Schwartz said the he would make the same decision, that he wanted to make sure they score. He went on then to say the it didn’t matter who the QB was “Stafford, Hill, or if it was Joe Montana.” Seriously, he said that. Montana would have told him to “Go Ford Yourself” Like any winning QB should. You look like a Lions HC on the field and now you sound like a Lions HC off the field.
You are 2-17. 2-17. Cripes, the vomit I am choking back could coach this team to a better record.
After watching this 0-3 team crush anything close to hope I feel as if I haven’t slept in weeks and am forced to listen to the drivel that oozes out of you pie-hole. I have only one question. Is it too early to fire Schwartz?
We could also fire the fraud GM Mayhew. He is starting to look just like his daddy, Matt.
Sorry, very, very disgusted with the lack of effort from this garbage head coach and Sewer front office.

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Im with you Mooch. I feel the same way. Remember when i vowed i was done with the Lions and became an Eagles fan a couple years ago? I wish i would have stuck to my guns. But no, we all hope that maybe one day it will be different. They start bringing in the right people, or what we feel are the right people, but it does not show up on the field at all. I really, really bought in this time, just like every time. I really believed it was going to be different this year. I really believed that we would win 4-5 games this year and maybe with some luck make a playoff push in a couple years. But, no its the same. Worse even maybe. Shwartz I dont even care enough to spell that dudes name right, is 2-18 Mooch get it right, they already lost to GB this weekend. That makes him 2-18. The worst start for a Lions head coach.

What is the worst road record 2-24? And we are about to do it twice in what 4 years? Its insane. Its almost hard to do what they do. Get a bunch of the best football players on the planet, pay them tons to play football, then never win. EVER. Go out there and try but DONT EVER WIN. I was on board with Shwartz until he didnt go ape shit crazy after week 1. That was it for me, that told me all i needed to know about him. Could you imagine if that happened to Belichek, Ryan, Tomlin, any of the good coaches? They would have made a point and the team would have benefited from it.

They have already ruined Calvin it looks like. He just wants to play and not get hurt and move on. He wants out of here that part is evident. Watch Calvin play and watch AJ play. The level of skill is probably close but the level of desire could not be farther apart. Calvin straight up dont give a shit.

We just better hope Stafford is the QB we are all hoping he is. Cause if hes not then we are doomed for most likely another decade of this. 10 more years of 2 win seasons. If Bradford lights us up, like I think he will, its going to get ugly. I watched Stafford play, and i have watched Bradford play. Bradford is ALREADY ahead of Stafford. ALREADY. Its not his fault its the Lions, they ruin players.

WHY cant they fire Shwartz and get someone whose name we know? Someone at least we know is going to make the right decision. That field goal crap at the end of the half was mind boggling. I just kept thinking to myself, hes made it!! Hes finally a Lions head coach.

The man that pulls this thing out of the gutter is going to be a hero, legend, and a god in Detroit. We are yet to find him. I still have a slight hope that it could be Stafford, but thats starting to disappear with him being hurt every other day. Again, probably not his fault hes getting T'd up from his back.

Its EXACTLY the same as its always been. What a disappointment.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:02 pm

You aren't going to like reading this anymore than I do typing it, but not a single thing has changed. Look at it this way. Stupid Bears kicker makes long FG to keep us out of playoffs. Knee-jerk, and emphasis on jerk, reaction leads to hiring rookie head coach and GM. The losing begins as (my conspiracist self says)Ford decides to issue an edict to change everything. Get rid of old FO peep who didn't kiss his highness's lowness, dump older players. Moron Matt Millen follows orders and Lions go on record breaking run of futility.
Now what is different?
We have a rookie head coach, a rookie GM. Seriously. I have a hard time not doing a double take. This is what our feeble minded owner decided was the way to fix team. Listen to people who kissed his butt, keep FO he is comfy with (re: the right and left cheeks-Lewand and Mayhew) and hire a rookie HC (who, oddly enough, will work cheaper than known HC and ask for less automony) True Mayhew will be unable to repeat Millen's record of drafting futility, but can you say he has done well yet? No. Free agents? Mayhew has been a failure to date there. Even this year's crop, VandenBosh is following his DC. The dude from Cleveland seems okay, but the rest are all busts. All busts. Sounds familiar, eh?

We are Forded as a franchise until further notice. Failure to learn from the past means you are doomed to repeat it. We're Forded, I say.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:29 am

i'm not surprised by the bad start (see sig) but i'm not ready to jump ship on Schwartz and Mayhew yet. they've made some good moves the last 2 years and from what they had to work with i'm not expecting them to be competitive until next year
the D-line looks good but the Back 7 is awful. if Levy and Delmas can get healthy and they can get them some NFL caliber talent to play next to them next year i think we could be decent...although i still have concerns about the O-line and Backus and Raiola arent getting any younger...and RT is a ??? as well
so i'd say we're just a C, RT, OLB, FS, 2 CB, maybe another OLB, LT and maybe a G away from being mediocre
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:28 pm

If if if. If Levy were healthy we'd see if he could play. But he doesn't stay healthy and he has not shown up in games.
As for Delmas, tell me of a big play he has made? Sorry, impact players make plays, studs make game changing plays. Delmas is way over due. Mediocre players spend entire careers over due.
Dan, did you hear Schwartz's Monday presser? I am paraphrasing, but the dude actually said that he would let the clock run down at halftime without taking a shot at a TD because:
They missed a FG earlier and he wanted them to get some points.
Okay, ridiculous enough. But he went on to explain that it was too risky to try and score a TD because the D knew that is what they would try to do. Are you flippin' kidding? he really said that. I have no faith in a guy who says crazy crap like that. It makes as much sense as digging a tunnel to 0-16 because you have outstanding will.
I am deathly afraid that we have another bozo the coach on our hands.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:30 pm

It makes as much sense as digging a tunnel to 0-16 because you have outstanding will.

I see what you did there! I was so on board this time around. I mean I really was. Im like its finally happening. We got rid of Millen and they are actually drafting people in the correct round they should be drafted in. That and they took Suh, that was big for me. I mean Millen would have messed that up somehow. Even though it was a no brainer, we still pulled it off and got the best player in the draft.

I was on board with the coach too. I was ready to give him a shot and since he was not Marinelli I was okay with it. But I have to admit the way he didnt react to the Calvin TD play, and the time management at the end of that half, added with the way he explained why he let the time drip down to nothing, are going to be hard to erase from my memory. I just cant picture any NFL head coach doing any of those things.

Are we going to hit a new rock bottom if or when we are 0-4 and Bradford comes into Ford Field and shows us how we should have passed on Stafford? Eh it does not matter either one would fail here who am i kidding. I just cant believe the difference in where the two are at. I mean okay fine, Stafford has been hurt and missed time, but I watched Bradford this past weekend and he looked awesome. Like leading the terrible rams down the field awesome.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:53 am

Concerns with Stafford, to me, were his erratic passing, evidenced by a lot of INTs in college. Concerns about Bradford were his shoulder injury.
Mix in a little Lions magic and you have Stafford with multiple injuries, lots of INTs, and Bradford looking better than I thought any rookie QB would for this Rams team.
You know what's worse? I am worried that Stafford returns someday and looks worse than Sean Hill.

Oh, nice to see Blair White playing and scoring a TD last week for the Colts. Mayhew continues Lions tradition of ignoring players in their own backyard. Draft Tommy Tuna instead. A WR that played in a gimmicky offense at Hawaii, but don't waste time on a guy who shower nice hands and route running at MSU.

The sun doesn't shine on the same dog's rump everyday, but when will we see a hint of sunshine over the gigantic buttocks at Allen Park?
Heck, why should it. The only time the Lions stick their rear in the air they get it prison sexed by the refs and lay down like toothless pussycats.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dream_017 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Not sure I am going to change your mind or that I even want to try. I'll just give a few of my thoughts and leave it at that.

What did you expect our record to be in the first 4 games? With 3 of them on the road?

I know the scores are deceptive, but we did have a chance to take the lead with our last posession in 3 of those games.

Again, we all know the number of holes this team had and that 0-16 team left us with very few players even in the league(contributing).

There is no possible way that you can turn a franchise around that quick with a new GM, New coach, new players from what we had...it just doesn't happen. You can cite the Bears, Falcons and Saints, Bucs turn-arounds all you want but I say that none of them were in as bad a shape as the Lions.

As for Schwartz, I could care less what he says. Has he made some bad moves, sure, but I do think he is a very good football guy and if given the chance he will prove it. From what this team was, I think we are in a very good shape moving forward. They have a plan on how they want to build this thing and I think they are moving in that direction. It is not something that can be fixed in 1-2 years. Having injuries isn't helping but even with the injuries the team is putting up points and in the final seconds of games. He knows what he had when this thing started. He doesn't have a full team yet. There are many things that he is limited in doing.

My thoughts before the season was that they were going to look better and be in a lot more games late and even put up some points. I did not however think their record would be any good based on where they started and who they play this year.

You can mock me or say I'm sippin' the Honolulu Blue kool-aid or looking through my Lions glasses, but I do see the changes. As Bill Murray from What About Bob would say, it takes baby steps.

latsprewell20002000 wrote:WHY cant they fire Shwartz and get someone whose name we know? Someone at least we know is going to make the right decision.

Hey Spree, maybe they can go get a former Super Bowl winning coach. Everybody knows their name, right? He can bring in a new offense and maybe even win some games.
:-? :-? :-? :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Surely, Dream, you cannot deny Lions fans right to be concerned about another crappy start. You want to know just how bad it is? I have real concerns that the force feeding of Megatron vs the Pack was a result of the public outcry over his under use. I know that sounds crazy, but this is the Lions, a vitural Boobs~R~Us of head coaches. Worse yet, I've a bad feeling that King is playing be QB than we will see out of Stafford. So when you ask what was expected you have to understand that the angst expressed in this thread isn't over what we thought would happen, but what we fear is yet to happen.

So it isn't about the season not exceeding expectations, its the fear that we've seen this movie before. And it doesn't end well.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Detroit Lions