What's wrong with MJD/Ray Rice? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's wrong with MJD/Ray Rice?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What's wrong with MJD/Ray Rice?

Postby chchelse » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:54 pm

MJD last 9 games: 3 td, 3 games over 100 total yds. I think he may be done.
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RBManiac » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:58 pm

good point, he was slowing down...i was just reveiwing my PPT on him...it shows hes not ready for a full workload back to back seasons.... we will see
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby LMack » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:25 pm

Ironic how CJ, ADP, MJD and Rice were all lumped in a "safe" tier 1.
Fantasy Football is a cruel maiden.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby BigMusky » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:15 pm

I turned the page on D Williams and MJD....figured if I was going to bail...it was now or never.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:24 pm

BigMusky wrote:I turned the page on D Williams and MJD....figured if I was going to bail...it was now or never.

Hey, thats my starting RB core you are talking about......
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby JoshKnows46 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:59 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
BigMusky wrote:I turned the page on D Williams and MJD....figured if I was going to bail...it was now or never.

Hey, thats my starting RB core you are talking about......

lol was mine too, gave MDJ the boot to a jags fan for turner, and i'm working on getting rid of D.will right now. need to sell while they have some sort of value left.

i'm givin d.will just one more week, if he can't do anything against saints weak run defense, i'll be selling for whatever i can get.
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby 011472 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:52 am

I've been offered Rice and Wallace for my Mendenhall and Garcon. Not sure what to do. It helps my with a mess at byes and it might be time to move Garcon along, but I'm torn on Rice vs. Mendenhall going forward...
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sex Panther » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:47 am

IMO, MJD will turn it around (probably starting this week) - he is the Jags "offense" & his schedule isn't very scary - INDY, @ BUF, TEN, @ KC, @ DAL, HOU, CLE, @ NYG, @ TEN, OAK, @ IND, WASH - I don't see 1 "scary" matchup - w/ Dallas being the possible exception. He tradiatonally starts slow, he is the rare feature back, a good rec. out of the back field & typically a TD monster. My only real worry about him is the team around him - it's a doubled edged sword - he is the only real threat & teams game plan to stop him - but that's been the case for his entire career.

Rice I'd be more concerned about - especially in non-PPR formats (he was a guy I thought was being drafted too high in standard drafts - see players you are avoiding thread that I'm too lazy to find & link), McGahee will continue to see the goal line work, knee injuries & MRI's scare me - if he's healthy enough to go this week the Ravens have to play him, but as a fantasy owner - I would really be hoping they'd sit him this week @ PIT to let that knee heal. I could see him being at or near the top of the league in YFS, but only scoring 4-6 TD, I highly doubt he comes close to the approx 80 cathces he had in 2009 (10 through 3 games projects to 53 on the season, which is by no means shabby, just not the insane total he posted last year) w/ the additions at WR.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 6)

Postby BigMusky » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:43 pm

I had Flacco at QB so I turned MJD and D Will for Vick, Ryan Mathews and Ricky Williams (I had Ronnie Brown)....I know it is a fire sale, but sitting at 0-3...I feel I had no choice because I could not wait another couple of weeks for them to turn it around...even though they are notoriously slow starters. I personally think that Mathews, Addai and Mia Backfield (who ever is left standing) is good enough if Vick can keep up at least a 2TD per week pace with limited turnovers.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby smackthefirst » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:58 pm

I'm back. ;-D Well I've been back on and off for a while but I've been lurking. Anyways, I had to put an end to my lurking for the time being just to post in this thread and you'll soon see why.

One of my main leagues is a 12 team PPR start 2 QB league where TD passes are worth 5 points and you can flex a QB meaning you can start up to 3 QBs (crazy I know but it is fun). Due to the insane premium on QBs, I was able to get Rice in the 1st and MJD in the 2nd drafting out of the 10th slot. Since I have them both, they are probably doomed to continue their lack of production at least for a while or just flat out get injured, not dinged up but injured and out. All I can say is you have all been warned and you should trade them as quickly as possible for whatever you can get if you have them.

On a more serious note though, I think they will both be fine relatively speaking. I think Rice, barring the injury being a problem, has done well yardage wise and will continue to do well in that regard. The problem is that he's not getting nearly as many catches and that may not change because of the new weapons Flacco has. In addition, Cameron just doesn't seem to want to utilize Rice as much as he should running the ball which is evident by Rice's lower number of carries in games even while he's maintaining a higher yards per carry average. And then there's always Willis to steal goal line carries, at least for the time being. But I think the Ravens offense will continue to grow as a unit which means more opportunities and more scoring which will inevitably increase Rice's numbers as well.

MJD on the other hand is more of a concern. I am beginning to think those injury rumors have some piece of truth to them because MJD just hasn't been as explosive as he was in years past. And to add to the problems, Jax's offense as a whole is just flat out bad right now. I'm holding out a little hope that the addition of Edwards will help either in Edwards pushing Garrard or Edwards replacing Garrard. That just does to show you how bad Jax's offense has been if Edwards being added is going to improve things. But I've got tempered expectations for MJD at this point and I would gladly entertain any offers where I could recoup even a portion of his draft cost at this point.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk