LeGarrette Blount - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LeGarrette Blount

Moderator: Football Moderators

LeGarrette Blount

Postby SetYourselfFree » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:22 pm

I've been saying all along that a Blount/Huggins backfield would be the best thing for the Bucs and after giving Caddy his deserved chance to keep the role, he predictably failed. I can't believe Blount is only owned in 1% of Yahoo leagues at the moment.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: LeGarrette Blount

Postby RBManiac » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:12 pm

many people have been saying that.

my PPT system told me all this in january... when an RB continues to see a decline in PPT over the years...its a strong indication another back is clearly ready to take over...that being huggins, and when they signed blount...well...it just made it more confusing.

I still like huggins to have the more productive year
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dunbar2007 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:04 pm

he looked impressive in limited time right? and Tampa Bay's schedule in the playoffs (and for most of the year is a joke). I already stashed Freeman in my 2 QB league because it is so soft it's ridiculous. Everyone is gushing over Hillis, but I think Blount is the sleeper waiver wire pick (not priority 1 or anything but in blind bidding, throw down a few bucks)
dunbar2007
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby iloveny18 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:28 pm

RBManiac wrote:many people have been saying that.

my PPT system told me all this in january... when an RB continues to see a decline in PPT over the years...its a strong indication another back is clearly ready to take over...that being huggins, and when they signed blount...well...it just made it more confusing.

i don't mean to sound like a noob but what is PPT?
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Flux » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:21 am

Blount is definitely worth a pickup. Caddy has major durability issues (though last year he was alright) and has lost a step. Had Blount not had that mental breakdown, he would have been a much higher draft pick. They guy has talent.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FFslacker » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:43 pm

Coach Raheem Morris said that rookie LeGarrette Blount "has earned the short-yardage and goal-line back role from now on."
Morris made the comments on his weekly radio show in Tampa. At 6'2/240 with good feet, Blount is built perfectly for a short-yardage back. We wouldn't expect a ton of carries with Cadillac Williams, Earnest Graham and Kareem Huggins all in the mix, but Blount's touchdown upside makes him an add in all formats. He scored 17 times in 13 games for Oregon as a junior in 2008. Sep. 29 - 8:13 am et
Source: joebucsfan.com
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:44 pm

iloveny18 wrote:

points per touch, i believe.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tcwhy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:50 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
iloveny18 wrote:

points per touch, i believe.

Points per touch was a system RBManiac used to value running backs. Here is his original thread on it. Based on the other string (that I believe was taken down?), I'm not sure he will be posting any more....

viewtopic.php?t=470936&hilit=points+per+touch
tcwhy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Purple1 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:19 am

I picked him up. The HC has already stated that he's gonna be getting the short yardage/goaline work after the bye so in TD heavy scoring I'd say hes a must add if you need help at RB.

One of his runs vs Pitt he litterally dragged Troy P. for 5 yards while hopping on one foot. Caddy has always been a bit overrated and overused throught the years not to mention the injurry problems, Grahm is nothing special and Huggy can't get healthy. I could really see Blount taking over the RB position there in the next few weeks and with Freemman and the Bucs passing game looking good throw in the easy schedual and he could be very productive in the near furture.
Last edited by Purple1 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Picksburgh » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:30 pm

so im starting to buy into the hype, caddy is a bench/bye guy for me, but does anyone actually think Blount will be good enough to start this year?
Picksburgh
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk