James Starks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

James Starks

Moderator: Football Moderators

James Starks

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:56 am

OK, doesn't look like Jackson is the answer in GB.

I don't see them featuring Kuhn.

As of today, it looks like Marshawn is staying in Buffalo.

LJ is out there, but he can't pass protect, and frankly, has looked cooked for 2 years.

James Starks, 6th round pick in this years draft out of RB U - Buffalo.

Guy is listed at 6'2" 218, combine numbers - http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/prof ... ct_id=2214

Packers put hum PUP to start the year, not IR.

October 18 he is eligible to come off PUP list.

2 questions - is he worth the speculative add at this point & do you see him evolving into the defacto 1st & 2nd down guy, Jackson the 3rd down back, and Kuhn short yardage/goal line?
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: James Starks???

Postby k.k. » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:24 am

Not long after Grant went down, I read Starks' name a few places as well. He is a very intriguing speculative pickup. No question about it. Depends how solid your team is I suppose and if you can afford to sit on a guy who might only get that shot a ways down the line. I'm thinking about it too though, definitely. I lost Grant's services in two of my leagues this year.

One of the things I noticed most about the Packers' MNF loss to Chicago was the lack of an effective ground game. Ryan Grant is missed, and I agree B.Jackson and Kuhn don't look like an answer. As GB is a serious contender this year, I can't imagine them not making a move to get a decent RB in and revive that part of their offence. Or, maybe Starks gets a shot.
~
k.k.
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:57 pm

They've been high on Starks since they drafted him. If Grant hadn't been injured, I bet you Starks could have cut into his snaps if he performed well.

I picked up Starks in my deeper leagues as soon as Grant went down. I expect he'll get a chance to dominate the carries (once he shakes off any rust), but I don't know if he'll show he'll hold onto it.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby SetYourselfFree » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:27 pm

Apparently the Bills are listening to offers for Lynch now. We'll see. I think damn near anyone is a better option than Jackson in the Packer's backfield on early downs. Starks is worth watching for sure as the Packers would be wise to find someone who can run the ball as they're clearly Super Bowl contenders, if not the best team in the league if they can add regain that dimension of the offense.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:44 pm

With Lynch getting moved to Seattle http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... ynchtraded

Packers seemed to have missed the bus, why they wouldn't move a 2011 4th & a conditional 2012 pick is beyond me - they rally cannot run the ball at all.

Faith in Starks or stubborness?

I need to wait 1 week in the 2 leagues I want the RB help in to make a move for this guy, pure speculation at this point, but need to geit done before any news breaks on the sill secret stash destroying internet FF sites (namely Yahoo & NFL.com)...
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby scorched03 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:00 pm

i love me a sleeper as much as the next guy and i desperately need rb help but... last i heard he is able to run....

but u gotta temper your expectations. even if he was the 1st pick of the nfl draft, the dude has been out his senior year and out for this year... that is a crapload of gamespeed time/experience he's missed. even if it was AP missing 1.5 years, would you think he'd dominate right off the bat? i.e. he hasn't played a real game since 2008!

its possible he may get going in a few weeks or so, but is likely to pickup some slack and may be a player a few weeks after he's eligible to come off the PUP. but good gosh, he even missed training camp, the dude hasn't even been in pads probably in a long time.
scorched03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RBManiac » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:39 am

2 questions - is he worth the speculative add at this point & do you see him evolving into the defacto 1st & 2nd down guy, Jackson the 3rd down back, and Kuhn short yardage/goal line?

I would say Starks gets 1st, 2nd, and goaline when he comes back, ive seen some vids on him a few weeks ago..hes a beast....hes a FA in my Keeper league right now. Problem is..i have blount and Huggins on my roster so i have to wait till after i see what happens with those 2 after this week, so please..no more hype about him as people in my league go on this site too...lol
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 011472 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:19 pm

RBManiac wrote:

I would say Starks gets 1st, 2nd, and goaline when he comes back, ive seen some vids on him a few weeks ago..hes a beast....hes a FA in my Keeper league right now. Problem is..i have blount and Huggins on my roster so i have to wait till after i see what happens with those 2 after this week, so please..no more hype about him as people in my league go on this site too...lol

Drop either of the Tampa backs and add Starks asap. You said it yourself, Starks has the chance to be a feature back on a powerhouse offense without any significant threat at RB. Blount and Huggins are fine prospects, but they will just get in each other's way on a lesser offense.

That situation isn't going to get any clearer any time soon. No way I would hold either of them at the expense of Starks.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scorched03 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:38 pm

For all you taking a flyer on Starks, keep in mind that when he returns in week 7, GB's schedule is Minnesota, NY Jets, Dallas, bye, and Minny again. Brutal stretch for any RB, let alone a rookie who hasn't played in a year and a half. He's definitely a deep stash for now. I'm keeping him on my Taxi squad until further notice. -- from another forum.

thought that's pretty solid FYI.
scorched03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ocbc » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:49 pm

For a seasoned back Minn and dal dont scare me this year, however, it would be brutal for a rookie. Good info.
ocbc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk