Time to Buy Low and Dump Busts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Time to Buy Low and Dump Busts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Time to Buy Low and Dump Busts?

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:04 am

In my big money keeper league that i won last year I kept MJD. Then having last pick in the first round went with D Will. So yeah my starting backfield is MJD and D Will.

Should i be looking to trade both of them? I mean I have kind of been asking around about MJD and basically one trade was offered and it was for Eli Manning.....

I feel like the Jags are going to realize that they are not going anywhere this year and have to at least make their one star player happy with 20+ touches a week. And if he gets that he should get something going.

D Will Im a little more worried about. They turn the ball over when they actually do have it and they are constantly playing from behind. Not a good combo for a RB. They also have to realize that they are going NOWHERE with Clausen and he should just be handing the ball off from here on out. At least keep the loss within 20 points should be their goal.

Its crazy how fast someones value can drop. I mean MJD is 25 years old, one of the VERY few RB that does not share the ball, and is great in PPR. But his stock is at an all time low right now and i have even heard people saying hes done...... I dont get it, the team has ALWAYS sucked.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Time to Buy Low and Dump Busts?

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:46 am

latsprewell20002000 wrote:In my big money keeper league that i won last year I kept MJD. Then having last pick in the first round went with D Will. So yeah my starting backfield is MJD and D Will.

Should i be looking to trade both of them? I mean I have kind of been asking around about MJD and basically one trade was offered and it was for Eli Manning.....

I feel like the Jags are going to realize that they are not going anywhere this year and have to at least make their one star player happy with 20+ touches a week. And if he gets that he should get something going.

D Will Im a little more worried about. They turn the ball over when they actually do have it and they are constantly playing from behind. Not a good combo for a RB. They also have to realize that they are going NOWHERE with Clausen and he should just be handing the ball off from here on out. At least keep the loss within 20 points should be their goal.

Its crazy how fast someones value can drop. I mean MJD is 25 years old, one of the VERY few RB that does not share the ball, and is great in PPR. But his stock is at an all time low right now and i have even heard people saying hes done...... I dont get it, the team has ALWAYS sucked.

I think the preseason mystery injury with MJD just might have had something to do with him deciding between having some surgery that would have limited his availability for this season or playing through and hoping for the best. This summer Sidney Rice was leaning towards not having the surgery to repair his hip but ultimately elected to have it, causing him to miss the first half of this season. I'm wondering if MJD might have been in a similar boat. Lord knows they haven't been 100% honest about it.

As for DWill, I have him too in my main league and his situation does look bleak. Although my highest hopes for him were that he might be a top 10ish RB, it seems like that's out the window at this point. Still, if Carolina can get something going on offense, he could still be a top 10 back for the period during which the offense is clicking. If he's top 10 among RBs for the period between weeks 10-16, for example, I'd be thrilled. I guess the second concern is that Jonathan Stewart could be the guy who breaks out in that backfield as well.

Between the two of them, I'm more concerned that MJD is "done" whereas DWill's poor production seems to be more a product of the poor play of his supporting cast. I don't think either are "done," but yeah, it's certainly frustrating to own either (let alone both) at this point.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk